Can't find Troll camp for King Quest at beginning
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can't find Troll camp for King Quest at beginning

Sorry to bother folks, but I'm stuck already in the game and I just started. Kind of new to RPG's and quite confused!

I have gotten to the city of Arx and talked to the King who gave me a quest to talk to the troll King Pog. Now it says in the walkthrough to go to the crystal caves to get to this quest, the same way I came into the city. I went back to the cave where I killed the big spider (I'm assuming those are the crystal caves), and have no idea what to do next as I can't find anything.

I did find the troll who wants a birthday present but there is nowhere to go there either that I can find. Also there is no note to the troll king from the king of arx in my inventory. should that be there?

Again, any help appreciated and thanks CM for the earlier info.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:11 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Remember the 1st time you went into the crystal caves? and from where you did it? you need to go there again.
Do you remember you talked to a troll saying you can't pass because you can't be truster or that you aren't a friend, don't remember exactly. there is where you need to be
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:59 am
mgeorge
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the info but I'm still stuck. I have seen the King of Arx and gotten the quest to see Pog. I went back to the place where there are 2 trolls (who won't talk to me), and if I walk over a bridge right near there, there is a Goblin behind a barred area with a porticullis that he won't let me enter. He keeps saying I need to see (forgot his name) if I want to sell gems, but I have no idea where this person is. Is that where I need to go?

I have 2 pieces of paper in my inventory that say "paper with writing on it", and have tried to show the Goblin behind the gate these but he just keeps calling me names and such. When I went to see the King of Arx he never gave me a written doc with the quest to see Pog on it. (at least not in my inventory). Is that what I'm missing cause my last save is at the very beginning of the game and I hate to replay the whole thing again.

Again thanks for any info.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:26 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Go back to the castle and check the floor in front of the King. If your inventory was full it will be on the floor. Be sure you do the F key on the troll with the letter once you find it, to get him to let you in. And be sure to go to the library before you leave, provided you have talked to Grue. If not, see him, then go back to get him what he needs. He will have something for you in return.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:06 pm