Time Limit in the game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Phalanx
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Time Limit in the game

When I talk to someone about a mission/quest and they say " Go there and do this within the next few days" does that really mean I have to do it in the next few days. Or will it last until i actually do it.

Like one of the first missions where i accepted the pass to enter the city. When I met the guy that gave me the pass he said frame this person within 2 days. If I leave it to late, would the mission cancel ?
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:34 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes there are pretty many that kind of quests and yes they with time limits so chopy chop or the mission is failed
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:35 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

As long as you complete the quests before you move onto the next chapter, most of them will be fine. The quest you just described is one of the few that actually have a limit. Some quests might be given to you in a hurry, with all the indications of a time-based quest, but really as long as you finnish most quests in the chapter you received it in, then you'll usually be all set. Gothic 2 won't put a time limit on any quests with a high potential for difficulty. The quest where you frame the merchant is a very small and simple quest. Just save frequently and be careful about triggering the next chapter before you've completed your quests.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:48 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The blood chalice quest has a time limit, afaik.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:17 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
The blood chalice quest has a time limit, afaik.

It does? I didn't complete that quest until the chapter after it was given to me... That was one of the quests it took me two chapters to complete. You can get the quest before you're even able to enter Lord Hagen's building. Once you enter his building, talking to him with trigger the next chapter. (When he tells you to travel to the Valley of Mines to get proof of the dragons.)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:33 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh time limited was a quest when u needed to buy a pan for Lobarts wife i remember also the Tawern Quest where two dudes race on drinking
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:22 pm