You're G3 wishlist.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You're G3 wishlist.

Boards a bit slow sometimes, So I thought we could always use a "what would you like to see" post.

Post whatever you think would be nice to have in G3, be it a graphic effect, fixes from previous games, or whole new things.

Some things I REALLY wish they'd have:

Scabbards for the swords.
Mounts (espically now that the world is bigger....), I'd really like if they were don't immersive aswell. From having different speeds, not simply "walk>run" , and they behaved like horses and not like just mobile vehicles

I Think it's great they have dual weilding, but I'd love to have flails in the game (flails, not maces, IE - flails =chain/hitch to them).

Then last, but far from least. More customizing of our character. I know he's not our character, but I'd love to be able to change his hair/facial hair (not his face, cause afterall he's still the same guy), and have more options for clothing/armor and things.

I'd really enjoy being able to realistically have things over our armor, like Surcoats and tabbards and things.

Being able to dye clothing/armor (armor could be made black with oil, and blue with somethin else, I forgot though).

Just things that would let us make him how we want him to look, though still keeping the same "character" since that's part of the story, it wouldn't fit to be able to physically change him I don't think.

and a few fixes i'd like:
It's always been pretty immersive, I would love if they fixed up the walking/running animations a bit, in the E3 video you can notice the "ice skating" syndrome, where the feet don't move in-sync with the speed he's moving, thus creating an "ice skating" look.

What about some of your idea's?
Post Sat May 21, 2005 11:25 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I think that customization of the main character would be a good thing.
I think they should integrate growth of the beard so that i'm forced to cut the beard if it's too long. And they should at last make the ponytail whip in the wind like in Tomb Raider
Post Sun May 22, 2005 10:27 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I only want to see horses if they are very well integrated in the game, I think it will be very hard to to it but if done okay it would be great
Post Sun May 22, 2005 11:20 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

- I want ladders back. I really missed them in G2.
- Houses should have proper doors this time.
- I hope PB puts more effort into the design of the interior of the buildings. I want realistic rooms, not lofts taking up entire houses. It would be good if you could look through all windows, but if not, then the windows inside and outside should at least be in the same place.
- I want several big dungeons like the old mine, not just small caves.
Post Sun May 22, 2005 11:23 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

i really wanna see some cloaks...and wind blowing on them.
dont know...just getting obsessed with it i guess
Post Sun May 22, 2005 11:51 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

-The ability to crouch and lean
-A viable 1st person viewpoint
-Like the previous poster said, a few larger dungeons to coincide with the many smaller caves
-More robust interiors with windows and such
-The ability to throw objects around in the game world instead of just dropping them at your feet
-More arrow types such as poison arrows, fire arrows, ice arrows, etc. (I know NOTR had some of this).
-This is a longshot since its being made in Germany ..but .. : GIBS!!!!
-Greater object interaction. What I mean is increasing the number game objects you can move, destroy, etc. I'd like to be able to stack crates, etc..to reach higher places.
Post Sun May 22, 2005 3:26 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Most important thing to me is to keep the feel of Gothic, while upping the "polish" of everything. e.g.

More realistic animations
More organic geometry
More weather types

I dont think they need to over complicate it with tonnes of extra stats/weapons/items etc. One of the things I realy love about Gothic is the fact that its so well filled out without being over complicated. Much like the Zelda series in fact.
Post Sun May 22, 2005 8:58 pm
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Morning.LemoN
i really wanna see some cloaks...and wind blowing on them.
dont know...just getting obsessed with it i guess

Cloaks and hoods would be nice, I like the hidden mysterious look. Like Garrett From the thief series.

More Armor Customization, So that your not stuck just wearing ugly snapper leather.

Maybe some helms, And better looking armor.

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Sun May 22, 2005 10:32 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

In the latest gothic E3 preview i read that when the nameless hero is standing still for a while he's scratching his back to signal that he's waiting. Hehe, what a nice to have feature .
Post Mon May 23, 2005 7:48 am
Grimmwulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'd like for the hero's body to reflect his physical power. As his strength increases, I'd like for him to become more broad shouldered and such, with more massive muscles, similar to Gorns'.

I'd like for all three deities to be represented by two playable factions each, such as Innos: Paladins and Fire Magicians, Adanos: Circle of Water/Mercenaries and Water Magicians, Beliar: Shadowknights(?) and Necromancers (i.e. good aligned warrior or mage, neutral aligned warrior or mage, or evil aligned warrior or mage).

I'd like for subfactions appropriate for good aligned classes (all subfactions in Gothic II/Der Nach Des Raben were unlawful ones).

I'd like for more intense weather effects, such as trees bending in the wind, NPC's running for shelter during massive rain, huge waves, wet hair & clothes, etc.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:05 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Well, I'd like to be able to customize his physical attribute's that would logically be able to change (muscle/hair/etc).

However forcing someone that plays a warrior to be a "big hulking" guy get's on my nerves.

That's simply not how your body works, someone like the hero, while he'd be in good shope he wouldn't look like a body builder. Body builders look how they do not because of their strength, but because of the look. This is why a lot of trained soldiers and really fit people don't look as big, to get that big you have to eat a TON and work on making muscles, which most people don't do. Then there's plenty of people that are strong but don't really look it.

Heck, Arnold himself had problems playing conan because he had too much muscle, he couldn't hold the sword correctly.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:14 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

All I want from Gothic 3 is answers to all the questions I still have(about Xardas, our hero, the religions, Lee etc), and the same old Gothic feeling. I loved Gothic 1-2 because of how it feels, and no amount of dual-wielding, horses, interactive enviroments etc can replace that if they lose it. So my entire wishlist is a Gothic that will give us some answers, and that still feels like a Gothic.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:55 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

My wishlist is simple.......gimme the dam game quickly!

I don't care about what the character wears, or how he looks, or if his hair flows in the breeze.......I WANT THE GAME NOW!

PB impressed me with a great storyline, great atmosphere, and interesting quests. I could not care less if I teleport somewhere, or ride a horse, or run, or moonwalk to get there. I care that WHEN I get there, it will be worth the trip.

I don't givashit if I am fighting with 1 hand, 2 hands, dual swords, or it is a spitting contest.....I want the fight to be fun....and challenging.

I don't givadam if I sleep in a nice house or an outhouse, I only need the rest to get cheap health/mana renewal. I don't care if I can peep into a window, or if the house has a real door.....I only care if I need to be there....and what awaits.

It is staggeringly pointless to me about some of the "requests" I see posted. Alot of the request are based on something seen in another game, which likely miserably failed. I trust PB to deliver more than I could ever dream up........OK, I do have a real "request"......Give PB the money to actually make the game they want to make.....without budget or time restrictions. I can wait.

Ok, these requests are pointless, but now I have made mine

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:22 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

mounts(dragons preferebly), armours more in peaces, more wepons
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:40 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Children!! No really in Gothic I we didn't have women (well, we did but viewing their part in the game we might as well didn't haev them), In Gothic II we did have women but just no children. With made Khorines by my opinion a bit empty. For Gothic III I wan't children (it'll open up some nice quest options to)

Furthermore I woul;d like more smaller settlements. As long as those 2 things are looked after I don't care much about changes.

P.S.: but the things Maylander wants are also on my wishlist.
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:03 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next