Favorite Plug-ins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Vanderghast
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Favorite Plug-ins

I am curious as to what plug-ins everyone likes to use. So please list your 3 favorite Morrowind Plugins.
Thanks

Quote the Gully Dwarf, Nevermore!
Member og the WWW
Member of the Non-Flamers Guild
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:16 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

My list...

1. Bank Mod
2. Fan Fix Patch
3. Gladiator
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:37 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1) Lilarcor the talking sword (a little overpowered, but not badly so)
2) House D'Orthay (not JAH- just another house- but serves as one)
3) Silverdrake Boots (makes underwater adventuring much more pleasant)

Oh, probably should mention one that I kind of assume everyone already has- Fastwalk.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:25 pm
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i use the official plugins, but here are some others i am trying out:
mykul's cloak - clothing
real signposts - actually just unloaded it to try textured signposts. it is a combination of real signposts and weathered signposts.
abanoned flat - i usually use 1234 house balmora, but i wanted to give this one a try.
marksman mod - i thought it was a neat idea to be able to make arrows out of alchemy components and raw material
fletcher mod - goes nicely with the marksman mod (so far no errors anyway)
armorer mod - lets you make armor from raw materials - i am not sure if i am going to kee0p this one because you can make and wear indoryl armor without penalty.
dual wield mod - just going to try it out in a bit

as far as extra quests and stuff i have heard that children of the night and moonspawn are both good additions. abandoned flat has a few quests too

creature mods - i am installing giants for fun. also added silt striders in the wild. if they stray too far from the swamp areas i will probably unload it - does make sense to have one roaming dagoth ur's red mountain

i think that is about it. there are a few other balancing mods for weapons that i might try out, but i think i am just going to stick to those few for now. seeing all these mods has given me the urge to crack open the editor and try it out. too bad i have no artist or modelling skills...
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:12 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

1) "A good place to stay" - house/resting place for character at Balmora (near the Temple). It's best house plugins i found so far (never try all houses plugins out there); large space, with storage area (tons of containers for weapons, books, misc. items), tables (for displaying all your cool weapons & armors collection), special alchemy room completed with tables (for Alchemy equipments), shelves with labelled bottles (for various Alchemy recipes), and off course - sleeping room/master bedroom (for decoration anyway).

2) "MORROWIND SOUND ENHANCEMENT PLUGIN" - Most awesome mods (maybe because i'm audiophile). Almost or possible already in final version (ver. 1.5). Do you want to hear the sound of waves splashing the rocks near Bitter Coast?, improved sounds of raining around you?, hear birds singing near or faraway?, sound of cricket during the night?, more creepy sound of ancestor ghost and antronach?, or even new realistic sound of you getting hits or clawed by your enemies? phew....this is the mods you should try out.

3) "Less Generic NPC Project" and "RolePlayer's mod"- tired of boring and static NPCs in MW?, the "Less Generic NPC Project"plugin should add more dialog among NPCs and new stories or quest available in Seyda Neen. Look up also mods called "RolePlayer's mod" which add more stories and dialog for NPCs at Pelegiad and Alruhn.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:22 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I really hope we get lots of responses to this question. I've seen several of the plugins already mentioned and wondered if they might be good. Our plugin depot had polls attached, but they didn't get much response (probably because of the time gap between when you D/L and when you've played it enough to have an opinion). Hopefully, everyone will continue to list the positives and negatives they encounter, as well.
Post Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:07 pm
Vanderghast
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I am right now using:
1. Vampyre Mod- I like these guys, they are pretty cool, if a bit powerful.
2. Wolfen Castle- A nice big place to store my stuff.
3. Glass Armor of Terror- A nice set of Glass Armor.( I did not enbale this cheat until i reached level 5, so i would not overpower everyone in the beginning.)

P.S. I heard from a few people now that the Children of the Night mod was a good one.

Quote the Gully Dwarf, Nevermore!
Member og the WWW
Member of the Non-Flamers Guild
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:51 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

my favorite plug-ins for now :-

1. Mannequin mod - now i can display all the cool armors i've collected instead of putting them on tables or floors.
2. Luxury Estate - great mansion just outside Balmora and very near to the silt-strider. my bedroom is full of stuff now.
3. Real signpost - the signpost can be read now.

more to come.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:05 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Vanderghast
P.S. I heard from a few people now that the Children of the Night mod was a good one.

Yes, i actually already download it but not try out yet. This is the first part (total 3 parts), and not a final version - so i wait. It's also a roleplayer mods, and you could team up with a female bard.

quote:
Originally posted by Spawnster
Luxury Estate - great mansion just outside Balmora and very near to the silt-strider. my bedroom is full of stuff now.

I used that plug-in when i play my first character. Cool, big place, and i like the bright ambient atmosphere inside. Unfortunately i used up all space in my master room - full with books, armors, weapons, and all kind of junks.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:33 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

LOL

same here goofy goldfish. same here. i'm gonna line up the stairs to the master bedroom with mannequins in all their armor splendor. sort of like having a warm welcoming reception. i already have 8 mannequins at the 2 pillars just at the staircase of the master bedroom. cool man! try it out.

goofy goldfish, just wanna ask....where did u download the MW SOUND ENHANCEMENT PLUG-IN? i'm really interested in getting it. any link?

thanks.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:30 am
Evotine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Links

Links to all these cool plugins would be awesome. What is the biggest, best house in Balmora?
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:43 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Ya lazy bum! J/K!

Might I recommend a visit to our plugin depot, which is searchable. As for your house, the previously mentioned "Luxury Estate" is a large and beautiful place in Balmora to hang your hat.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:56 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

oh, i found the MW SOUND ENHANCEMENT PLUG-IN at rpgplanet. well thanks anyway for recommending it.

best house - well i'm only using the Luxury Estate even though i've downloaded other houses. maybe when i try another character i'll try a different house.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:45 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Eh?, how come many peoples play MW but don't know mods/plug-ins download sites?

go to morrowind summit & morrowindfiles.....or search for them with google.

BTW another roleplayer mods by Dale French is out, and it is in final version (The Seekers Faction version 2.0). This mods make a whole new faction called seeker and more into information gathering & such, not hack & slash mods. I heard it is huge mods with many quests. I have tried out an earlier version and only did 2-3 quests.

The other mods by same author is "My Favorites Compatible and Combined ver 1.4" - which contain dozen mods and also includes The seekers Faction but only up to version 1.8.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:27 pm