Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Where to get Baldurdash's BG1 Text Updates?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Where to get Baldurdash's BG1 Text Updates?

I just reinstalled BG1 to show the game to my little nephew (who was pretty excited about it after finishing BG2 ) but I found out that I have no Baldurdash's Text Updates on my HDD. You certainly know about those little nice additions to the game's text?.. I tried to download them from the Baldurdash site, but it seems to be out of order for some reason.

Do you know where can I get those precious updates? I used to play BG1 with them, and I enjoyed them a lot. Besides, they fix some annoying problems in the game. It'll be great to have this update again. Please, help. Maybe if you have it on your computer, you could even email it to me (it is only about 1MB big). BTW I need an update for installation w/o Tales of the Swoard Coast add-on.

Thank you in advance.
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:36 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Oh, come on, I can't believe that no one was using this add-on!?!? Anybody? Please? Pretty please?
Post Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:00 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Sorry. I couldn't stand BG and forced myself to complete it. I never updated it in the slightest.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:26 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Yeah, right, I guess that's what I should have expected... Nobody knows a thing about those updates

Oh... Whatever. I'll try to have fun w/o any add-ons, however if anyone finds out smth about my question, please let me know ASAP.

Thank you
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:43 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

It's pretty stupid to post an answer to your own question, but in case anyone wanted to know...

Those updates can be found on the Russian site here. In case some of you can't read in Russian it is the second link on the top of the page, ending with "Lair.ru". This link will give you every Baldurdash update ever created in one 7MB file. I strongly recommend it for everyone who loves BG series. And BTW I think it is the only place on the Net you still can find it.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:56 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

That would explain why I couldn't find it when I looked when you first asked the question. All the Russian I know comes from movies of Tom Clancy's novels...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:28 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Although Baldurdash originally was not made by Russian programmers.

And now, Xen, you know me I'm not from Clancy's novel
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:28 pm