Guild Wars (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
skeleton mat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

duuurrrrrrrrrrrr...

this game is a bit... >????< i dont know it sounds a bit wierd...

Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:48 am

Weird?

man. it's GREAT.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:43 pm

adamskydancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I appreciate with the "no monthly fee" stuffs....I hope there'll be also free for Chinese area...HA

Btw. I love those screenshoots in Guild War.
Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:06 am
skeleton

sorry

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Weird?

man. it's GREAT.

sorry ive been lookin at the game and it looks great i might buy it after christmas sometime...
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:54 am

RPG Fan

I must say this is one of the Best RPGS I have ever played and I liek the fact there are no monthly fees, I wish all online games didnt use monthly fees, Keep it up NCsoft and Arena Net you guys are #1 on my list keep the non montly fees coming for all your games!!!!
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:37 am

Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

To be frank, I'm disappointed. I've been into the game since the first hour and started playing at the WPE about a year ago now.

I tried to tell myself this wasn't an MMORPG but a CORPG, which I supposed would prevent it from suffering from the myriad MMO problems.

in the Beta Events, I loved Guild Wars. It was a game you could play with other people who were just like you, very into RPGs and the team gaming was great, the buying and selling was nice except for the regular spammer or jerk, and the armor was a cool thing to collect. All was well.

Then, the game went public.

With it, in came about a million CS, Doom and Half-life fans. Which led to excessive spamming of the trade channels, griefing in every way imaginable, everyone being on edge and leaving the zone in the middle of a quest, nagging at eachother for everything.

Guild Wars also didn't have anything except killing stuff. The quests were all simple and there was simply nothing else to do, even though the excellent community had pleaded time and time again for extra possibilities like taverns and such.

so Guild Wars quickly became tiring.

It's sad really, because it showed so much promise. The graphics are easily the best to date, it's awesome graphically, and the instances allow you to quest with the people you want to quest with and not have to fend off groups of griefers coming after you or other such things.

But when you get out there, all you can do is kill stuff. There is no interactivity other than combat. Imagine having the best supercomputer out there, but the most graphically detailed game you can play on it is Tetris. That's how much this game used its possibilities.

In short, Guild Wars is a great game if you like first-person shooters set in a fantasy world.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:41 am

Re: sorry

quote:
Originally posted by skeleton
quote:
Weird?

man. it's GREAT.

sorry ive been lookin at the game and it looks great i might buy it after christmas sometime...

get the game sooner it rocks. it takes alot of time to do anything though.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:34 pm

Anon

I don't understand why everyone is down on GW for not being the same as every other MMORPG. I personally enjoy the fact that no assclowns can PK me whilst I'm exploring. Breath of fresh air, that is. I enjoy GW and it offers something unique to online gaming.
Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 pm

skeleton mat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

guild wars rocks

i take everything back, guild wars is to date the best game ive played...

sm
Post Tue May 02, 2006 4:00 am

These types of games are for people who dont have any friends and try to make e-friends on their little mmorpg games they are extremely boring and stupid and only extremely digusting overweight people with glasses play them.
Post Sun May 07, 2006 8:05 pm

These types of games are for people who dont have any friends and try to make e-friends on their little mmorpg games they are extremely boring and stupid and only extremely digusting overweight people with glasses play them.

But people have to be super cool social gods to post in stupid forums about them right?
Post Mon May 08, 2006 6:49 pm

txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:

You forgot the parts about eating Macdonalds and being American

Check out my blog.
Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:02 pm

quote:
Originally posted by txa1265
quote:

You forgot the parts about eating Macdonalds and being American

I'm in a good mood today so i let those slide
Post Tue May 09, 2006 7:03 pm