Two questions - Omnigun MK( and Fire Storm
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Two questions - Omnigun MK( and Fire Storm

My Gadgeteer has had the Omnigun MK9 since the beginning of the game (I kind of forgot about it until now), anyway, I tried to use it and it doesn't do anything, is something missing? The Gadgeteer is Level 18 and should be able to operate it.
My Magic guy (level 18 with 100 points in fire) has the spell Fire Storm. They spell is rated as doing more damage than the Fire Ball; but everytime I cast it, it appears to be very weak, doing very little damage. The Fire Ball spell does more damage, and I use it all the time for that reason. What's the deal with Fire Storm?
Post Sat May 04, 2002 6:32 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Can't help with omnigun - I don't have a gadgeteer.

I also found same thing - for equal levels, fireball does more damage than firestorm. My mage isn't "green" for the power levels 6-7 of firestorm so I haven't cast it that way often enough, but maybe it's a power level thing and at the highest levels firestorm will overtake fireball. Or maybe it's a typo in the manual.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 7:47 pm
bearcub
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Never had an issue with the omni gon, What is youre modern weapon skill at. If you not used it then it might be to low to work the omni gin level.

Firestorm is a continuation spell, It lasts for many rounds doing smaller damage but more total damage.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:32 pm
Lord Puck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hi Max,just a little hint.Build up your Firestorm spell,It'll come in handy when you get to the Sorceress Queen.

Lord Puck
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:29 am

Found the same thing about the Firestorm spell. The spell lasts multiple rounds though, so you could cast it first and then cast whatever you want after that. It will keep doing damage, but rarely did my fights last long enough to get a good return on casting it in the first place.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:43 am

dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Don't want to seem like a jerk stating the obvious, but you did equip some ammo to go with your gun?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:45 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

..............what ammo?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 12:27 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I believe the Omnigun fires any ammo - arrows, bolts, bullet stones, etc. If I'm wrong, someone should correct me on this.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:02 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The gun gets attachments as it improves that allow it to use different types of ammo. In the beginning, it takes sling stones only. After a while, you get a dart attachment that allows you to use darts (whoda thunk? ) I don't know where it goes from there because I haven't stuck with a party containing a gadgeteer long enough. I think after a enough improvements, you can shoot the kitchen sink.

"Load" the gun just like you would a bow or sling (opposite the weapon). To find out what attachments you have, right click on the gun. You'll have some that give effects (laser sight give chance to blind, etc), and some that allow you to use different ammo.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:25 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

The Omnigun also use "Musket balls" for maximum effect!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:05 am

If you are starting from the beginning "new party". Use musket balls (Do I have to go to Burz again ) in the monestary. As soon as you get to Arnika buy spike stones, alot of spike stones, At T'rang or Ump HQ get impaling. Crock will sell you some medusa every once in a while, but Ferro probably has more (I am in Bayjin now for the first time- Rynjin suck)
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:57 am

omnigun

my gadgeteet is level 23 and I think she's great. The omnigun gets improved as she increases levels - every 2 or 3 levels she 'tweaks' the gun. Started will stones, then darts, then arrow, then quarrels. Try using hunter quarrels, mystic arrows, etc - anything out of the ordinary. Watch the damage go up then. Also, she now can fire 3 times per attack,and attacks twice a round - her gun (unsure of the level) also has a knockout, kill, and insanity attachment. Besides all this, she's made some great gadgets with the items we've found, like a forcefield generator that replaces the enchanted armor spell! - although the "port 'o potty was really silly - sold it quick...
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:52 am

kartman-47

my gadgeteer shoots 6 times a turn too so i do not recommend you to use mystic quarrels for spiders or other weak enemies. Just too expensive
---
liebe das leben
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:54 am

Windwalking
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Re: omnigun

quote:
Originally posted by guest
my gadgeteet is level 23 and I think she's great. The omnigun gets improved as she increases levels - every 2 or 3 levels she 'tweaks' the gun. Started will stones, then darts, then arrow, then quarrels. Try using hunter quarrels, mystic arrows, etc - anything out of the ordinary. Watch the damage go up then. Also, she now can fire 3 times per attack,and attacks twice a round - her gun (unsure of the level) also has a knockout, kill, and insanity attachment. Besides all this, she's made some great gadgets with the items we've found, like a forcefield generator that replaces the enchanted armor spell! - although the "port 'o potty was really silly - sold it quick...

Port-o-potty was my most useful combat gadget for a long chunk of time during the midgame. It often did decent damage, but the cool thing about it was the inflicted nausea, and sometimes unconsciousness, and a very low level gadgeteer can use it! Gadgeteers are one of the most powerful classes in the late game, and Port-O-Potty helped keep my gadgie useful in the early-middle game...

- Wind
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:36 pm