New to Gothic & I need some help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

New to Gothic & I need some help

OK, I've been playing just a few hours, but there seem to be a few things I can't figure out yet...
1) When I trade items, how can I just put 1 (or a few) of a certain item in the middle main trading area? What I mean is, it always seems to transfer all of the item except one, which it leaves in my inventory. I have 11 strawberries to trade, I use my ctrl-arrow to move them (some?) over to trade, but 10 always move instead of 1 at a time.
2) Is there an easy way to quickly heal yourself in combat? I know that meat (for example) will bring up my hit points but it seems very inconvenient to switch out of combat, open my inventory, scroll to meat (or a potion or whatever that might bring my health back up) and then try to go back to fight my foe, who if he's pretty tough, would have killed me by now. I think later I can assign possibly healing spells (when I get to the magic part of the game) to keys, but is there no easy, quick way to heal otherwise in combat?
3) In the old camp, I talked to Mud and let him join me. Was this a huge mistake? How can I get this guy to shut up or leave me alone (other than killing him)? And would that be a bad idea to kill him? Do I need him later? If he would just stfu for a little while...
Thanks very much.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:44 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

1) look at this post http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34394
2) just spell and scrolls
3) knock him out and talk to him after he recovers
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:43 pm
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Rafter II
1) look at this post http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34394
2) just spell and scrolls
3) knock him out and talk to him after he recovers

Thanks, I appreciate your help. So, what do you do if you're in battle, your health meter is going down quickly, and your'e about to die? Run away? I can't see how you can possibly stop, open up your inv, scroll to what you want, and take it (potion, food, etc.) without being killed. No shortcut at all? Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far but dying a lot.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:16 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You got it
It more realistic this way. As a low level mage you'll learn to run alot.
If you open your inventory and have the health potion selected it's possible to run take a quick drink.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:13 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Yes, running is the key and you'll probably do a lot of it at lower levels (Innos knows I did! ).

Most creatures will stop chasing you after a short time. You can also jump while running to put a little more distance between you and the monster chasing you. Good hunting!
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:50 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well sometimes lizzards chased me like hell i runned allways away i allways thought if only those two diggers near the old camp would be real ppl what would they think of me if i attack lizzards with crossbow and then lizzard attacks me and after he goes back where he was i attack again him probably that i am a crazy hunter
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:53 pm