Stuck, stuck, stuck
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Stuck, stuck, stuck

I am completely stuck at this point. I've got the quest to resolve the conflict between the elves and the dwarves, but after a lot of wandering around am not getting anywhere, 'cause nobody seems to want to discuss the matter.

That's really the only quest I have other than entering Stormfist, and I don't want to do that just yet (unless that's what I have to do). I've given up on Caroline; she's just plain gone (impossible for her to have been killed - ain't nothing left alive in that area of the map except townspeople), and after about 50 tries at Elrath's door I have to assume that once that door is locked the second time you just can't get back in even at level 5 lockpicking skill (which in my opinion is just stupid since I already found the key).

I've gone into the burial grounds below the elven camp, but there is a brarricade I can't get past.

I also remember being able to get up onto the high mountain areas last time I played this game, but I can't find any way of doing that.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 5:59 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Where are you stuck?

Ok Ill throw in some spoilers. None of these might be your problem.

Ok one of the burial mounds has a peice of the dragon armor.
There should be a cut scene that goes when you go to the burial showing dwarves desecrating things. You go west from there fight a lot of orcs, enter a cave and fight some more and then finally josephina and the dwarves.

I dont have a map handy, but Im fairly sure that if you go west instead of south from the elven village entrance you head towards the mountains and the dwarven town and the imp town... and lots of stuff in between.

the burial area and josephina cave I believe is enclosed.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 7:05 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

@Hagatha - Have you started the quest to get the Dwarven or Elven members of the Council yet? If not, you are stuck until you get them.

Get back and let me know where you stand on these quests ... actually, if you have problems I recommend Val's truly excellent walk through in pdf format.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I have the quest to resolve the problems between the dwarves and elves. That's the only other solvable quest I have, save for going into Stormfist Castle.

I have gone west in the burial grounds until I reach a barricade, which I cannot get past, so I can't go into any caves. There were Orcs behind the barricade but now there aren't any.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 1:19 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Just further info - I have already done everything I can in the Dwarven Caves right now, and I have completed the Imp's Castle area. I am trying to get past the barricade at the very left of the Burial grounds. It has red banners on it. That is as far west as I can go. I am unable to uncover any more of the Dark Forest area as it is either too high or behind the barricade.

I have no more Vedisitis quests, or Rivertown questssave for the two busted ones that will never get resolved.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 1:22 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Also I never got a cut scene in the burial ground showing orcs desecrating things. I fought a lot of orcs in there, but no cut scene.

I've played a long, long, long time since I first enetered the burial grounds, so going back to an earlier save will not be an option.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 1:24 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well when you first get there there should be dwarves dancing around and talking like orcs. They leave and then you follow them....

If for some reason that didnt happen, all I can think of is going back and talking to all the elves and making sure you hear about dwarves doing things to the burial grounds.

edit oh definitely ur question was already answered . You wont be able to go west of the burial mounds until you have the quest to gather the seven council members going.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 8:21 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

the mighty stamar is correct. You will not be able to solve the problem between the dwarves and elves until you get the council quests.
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:46 pm