Usergroups
Stuck Again....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'm at the point in the game where I'm supposed to train in the Sea Caves and these Psionic 'squids' or something like that is just killing me in no time, therefore I assume I'm not ready for this part of the game.

I met with the NPC at Ascension Peak, and he said I need to diffuse a bomb in the Tower in Arnika, but I don't know how to get in there. I also have a few doors I can't open in Trynton. I killed the Rapax with the cologne, I have a few outstanding quests in my journal, but I'm not sure what to do, my characters are around 15 to 17 level now.

I installed the 'orb' in the base in Arnika, the one that allows you to get coordinates, but I don't have any clues as to what this means or what I should do with it. Also, that broken flight box that I've been carrying around, that's driving me crazy on how to fix it. Also, I don't know if I should try and steal the orb from the Mook, as whenever I try to grab it a door opens and I get attacked.

Just wondering what characters of my level should be doing at this point in the game....
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:22 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Okay, I am going to spoil you a little.

First at all forget the sea caves until you have finished both the Umpanis and the Trang quests up to the point where they order you to free a soldier in Bayjin and find another blackbox(also at Bayjin. These quests will give you enough Exp to get you a few more levels!

You can't fix the broken blackbox!

your 15-17 levels characters are doing very well compared to all the quests you still have open!

Forget the tower in Arnika for now, you can only reach this place from the Rapax castle, and you are not ready for that either.

Keep the broken blackbox in case the Trangs get mad at you!

In a later quest you need to get these flight coordinates from another blackbox!

The Orb in the Mook compound in Arnika have to be replaced with a fake one, which the Dark Savant will drop for you in an skirmish encounter in the exact middle of the swamp area!

If you have solved the problem with the 7. bough in Trynton, you can find an Idol in Martens bluff which you need to put on a pedestal in Trynton to open a locked door!
The Idol in Martens bluff can only be reach, if you access Martens bluff via the mine tunnels in the upper east swamp area!

Another locked door in Trynton need an Orb too on the door, but I think you can find this in Trynton somewhere.

Prepare your magic for the seacaves (train), to be able to cast: "Soul shield", "element shield", "Armor plate", "Magic screen", "Enhanced blade", "Shadow hound" all with a very high power level, and you will do fine in the sea caves later.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:23 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Michael:

Thx for the hints, I thought that unopened door in Trynton might be something I needed to work on, just because it's been unopened for so long, also there is another room with a chest behind bars, but that's really all I need to do in Trynton, I already met with the guy in the 7th bough.

But I haven't entered the mine area yet, so that was my mistake. No NPC's had told me to go there yet, so I was waiting for a reason to go into the mines, but in any event, thanks for the hints...
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:31 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Regarding the chest behind the bars in Trynton: You must access this room from a hut above! In a hut above lie a small panel on the ground! The first time you click on it you just read the text on the panel, but the second time you click on it, you remove it, and a hole appears, which you can climb down into the hut with the chest behind bars!
An item in this chest is vital for the game!

You need to go through the minetunnels to the lower martens bluff, to be able to unlock some of the areas there!
Post Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:11 am