Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Looking for extra EXPERIENCE?!! Maybe level 10?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Clawmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Looking for extra EXPERIENCE?!! Maybe level 10?

I have read post after post about reaching the elusive 10th level and I think it may be be possible if you are a good thief-mage and have done all the side quests to boot. I was at level 9 with 85 casting with both casting rings and 74 technical near the end game in the Ylsides bunker. I had all the lockpicks that I had found (or had left) with me when I came upon a chest. Casting bless while donning My Garlic enchanted stealth armor,(Dont know if it helps but always use it anyway when picking locks)I opened it on the first try. Possible spoiler..........
I looked in the chest to find a variety of armor....a mithril helmet I think and some Plate stuff. Then using the few keys I had picked up on the same level From the Akbaa Priests I had killed, I believe, I tried to Re-Lock the chest. It Worked! And I picked it again.Checking my stats I needed about 40000 to advance to level 10 and I was getting 150 EXP every time I picked the lock!!! I had 6 or 7 lockpick tools with me and was casting bless every try and quickly aborting it on every success to save on mana regain and by the time I had exhausted my tools and had gotten the Exp you get when you put all the Akbaa stones in their place (Not sure how much that is if any) I was at about 20000 to get to level 10. It took some patience but I know I left a bunch of tools in the shop in the rebel base and with some creative game saves I bet it could be done. I also got an extra 3000+exp by saving all the pieces of wood I came across, made them into stakes and summoned all the undead I could stake, But you have to stake them, you dont get the exp if you just let the spell expire. It take alot of mana to do this. I just did it over time when I was bored for some action. It also helps if you use the stacking trick...I had 34 stakes after all the crypt stuff was done. Each piece of wood is worth 240 EXP so sometimes being a pack rat pays off. I don't know if there are many 'pickable' chests in the game that also have keys, probably yes with varying exp to crack them but the one I found was at the right time at the end, didn't need my tools for anything else so I'm going back and trying it again with a full complement this time.
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:06 am