Members
Usergroups
RPGDot Feature: The Fall - Last Days of Gaia Interview
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

RPGDot Feature: The Fall - Last Days of Gaia Interview

Only a few hours after it has been revealed, Silver Style's CEO & Lead Designer Carsten Strehse was kind anough to answer a few questions to us so we can get a better image about The Fall - Last Days of Gaia:<blockquote><em>RPGDot: Is it more action- or story-orientated? <br> <br> <br>Carsten Strehse: The Fall is a story- and no action-RPG. But we break new ground for combat. Frankly, the combat system in current 3D RPGs is not really their strong side. That's why we decided to make combat in The Fall more tactical. The player has by far more influences on his up to 6 member party, if he wants to. If not, he can let the AI handle the combat. <br></em></blockquote>Click <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=750">here</a> for the full interview.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:18 pm
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

Intriguing...

This actually looks quite good.
Hope they get the balance right. The way the NPC's are described it sounds like they might be more Gothic than Morrowind. Which can only be a good thing.
Fingers crossed for this one. I was getting a bit worried about future games or rather lack of them.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:20 pm
Necrosis
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

With the rather disappointing recent releases of Lionheart and TTOEE, I have become very skeptical of developers' claims of the accomplishments their upcoming games will achieve. This one, in particular, strikes me as highly over-ambitious. I refuse to get my hopes up. But it would be nice...
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:46 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Necrosis
With the rather disappointing recent releases of Lionheart and TTOEE, I have become very skeptical of developers' claims of the accomplishments their upcoming games will achieve. This one, in particular, strikes me as highly over-ambitious. I refuse to get my hopes up. But it would be nice...

Well, it does look interesting nonetheless. It don't really think it's over ambitious either -- ambitious, yes, but not excessively so. I'd be interested in learning more details about exactly how the combat is going to work.

Man, it seems like all the hopeful CRPGs these days are not coming out of the USA.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:57 pm
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I really hope Silverstyle learned something from their Gorasul - Legacy of the Dragon- Debacle. This was IMHO one of the shortest and worst RPG`s i`ve ever played, and I played a lot.

This title looks more promising, but that was the same with Gorasul.

Well lets not linger in the past, I really hope another german company can gain some Ground in the RPG Biz.
So i`m looking forward to that game, if it keeps what it promises.

L.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:25 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Lannister
I really hope Silverstyle learned something from their Gorasul - Legacy of the Dragon- Debacle. This was IMHO one of the shortest and worst RPG`s i`ve ever played, and I played a lot.

This title looks more promising, but that was the same with Gorasul.

Well lets not linger in the past, I really hope another german company can gain some Ground in the RPG Biz.
So i`m looking forward to that game, if it keeps what it promises.

L.

If you mention Gorasul you should be fair and also talk about Soldiers of Anarchy, especially because The Fall uses the SoA engine and refines its combat system.
So yes, itīs an ambitious project but many puzzle pieces are based upon proven technology.
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:08 pm
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well I haven`t played SOA, so i cannot comment on that but you would agree that Gorasul was not a RPG- gem, right ?

I mean, I played the game for 6 hours when suddenly the final cutscene appeared.
The thing with the intelligent sword was a nice idea, so G. was not without its highlights.

Well this fall thing does sound good, lets see about it.
In the meantime i continue to Play LH, which is IMHO not as bad as G. was but isnt a gem either.

L.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:48 am