Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

How about this: Innos betrays the Fire Mages, much like the Sleeper betrays the Brotherhood. How would it be if the Magicians of Fire found out they were worshipping a corrupt god? You of course are sent by Beliar and Xardas to kick Innos's ass! Also, you have a resurrected Gomez to deal with. He wants revenge, and was willing to give up his place in heaven (or whatever) to get his revenge on you. He of course will be more powerful than he was in the first game. He'll of course be surrounded by other undead! Xardas should die at the end of the game (of course, however cliche' that may sound, he should), as should Diego (can you imagine how emotional some of us, such as myself, would get if Diego died defending you?). Gomez should be the one that kills Diego, and you, Milten, and Gorn should seek revenge on Gomez. Lester should become posessed by a demon and all the dead Fire Mages should come back as demons resurrected by the evil Innos. How's that for a story?

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:45 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

How about more sex, drugs, violence, guns, rock n' roll... and hockey!

Ooops, wrong board.

As for Gothic, all it needs are horses (rideable), little kids running around which you can decapitate if you want, shields, *MORE* combat moves (think Severance), and maybe the ability to grow angel wings and fly around like Superman. But let's not add too much and ruin the atmosphere of the game. Yeah, but flying is cool. Flying and dropping grenades on unsuspecting townspeople!
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:22 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

MageofFire:

Thanks for your work! It will give the story developers some new guides to make a even more wonderful story!

But I think you have gone a little far... it would be a bit greater story if all the three gods do act as what they have been worshipped for... but, like those Greek Gods, part of their mood is like our human being's... so some time they may also make some terrible mistakes, even Innos! As a result, for something wrong Innos had done to Belier (or Belier's wife , joke), conflict emerges between the two brothers... maybe Belier does has the right to have his revenge on his elder brother... but he has gone too far in a terrible mood... So the whole thing is becoming more and more complex, none of the two sides is completely right... but all beings and dead are involved in this... conflict, because of their blind worship on their god!!

Compare the dazzling fire with the dark shadow, Adanos is a wise one, he is trying to do something to intercede between Innos and Belier... So the water mages will play a more improtant role in future. And that will not be too difficult, because they are keeping the five mighty focus stones (But what was the beginning of those focus stones? WHO created them? what was the original prupose to create them?...) Oh... I will have to write a story myself to answer those questions, so... as to the role of the gods, I will shut up. [But what will be the role of the Godfather, will he appear in this game...?]

As to the orcs, Xardas in G1 side(probable): "... they tried to awake up a very old arch demon(Sleeper)... they wanted him to give them power to defeat their enemies..." But what will be the enemy to the orcs? The orcs are too strong to human beings, so the enemy is not human... another secret race with greater power? Maybe, because that makes sense why the orcs are trying to take our human's land... perhaps Vr-Shark will tell us in future.

Well, you do have given us some wonderful thoughts of your own, combine your thoughts with mine and some original ones, it is quite sure that we will get a splendid story&game, thank you.

================================================
konny666:

Er... do you really like that, I mean, Flying and dropping grenades on unsuspected citizens? oh... ....
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:40 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i thought meatbugs where great so i wukd like to see some more of these kinds of creatures things like rabbits and other creepy crawlies that dont attack u
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:30 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro
Er... do you really like that, I mean, Flying and dropping grenades on unsuspected citizens? oh... ....

Actually, the only bit I was serious about was: rideable horses and shields, with more combat maneuvres thrown in.

Flying would be too much stress for the 3D engine... even a 3D engine made for 2005 hardware.

I'm beginning to think that even rideable horses might be undoable for 2005 RPGs. ;/

quote:
i thought meatbugs where great so i wukd like to see some more of these kinds of creatures things like rabbits and other creepy crawlies that dont attack u

Rabbits would be great. You could spear em, cook 'em, and eat em. Rabbit soup. mmmm...
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:59 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, shields!

But in my opinion the shields should be destroyable, not like armors, because if any shield could give us completely protection when we hold them in front of us, then what will be the difference among different shields? Only the look of them? No one would like this idea, I hope. Besides, nicks&holes should appear if our shield has been hit by normal weapons; so will be some adust parts if fire magic attacked; if pure magic attacked, like breath of death, some luster of the shield would disappear... But of course, we may fix all these at anytime we would like to, if only we had cost some skill points to learn the very knowledge and have the tools...

(Yes, and the same thing should happen to armors&robes... I am sure that some of us would like the idea to get some stochastic scars on their armors as a sign of braveness... )

Hope PB could set something so we could have a chance to let the shield drop form our enemy's hand druing fights so we can get it but not have to destroy it!
Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:57 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I'm not real keen on having Beliar and Innos slug it out. You'd never really see it, and what would be the real-world result? How about you and Xardas learn about a conspiracy intent on overthrowing the king. They were the ones who dispatched the Sleeper to the Colony in the first place, and you have to bring them down. Also, I think my Gomez idea mentioned earlier was really good (and I don't often compliment myself ), so I think at least that should stay.

Post Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:54 pm
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

.So what did happen to the water mages?? Also it would be great if they put more then 3 guilds to join .I also think they should make it that all the paladins from the castle in the valley of the mines are resurrected into the darkness of Beliar's realm and become his servants, they then lure the paladin's of Khorinis into their power and manipulate Lord Hagen into searching for you and killing you. Also they could make towards the end that the only way for you to defeat Beliar is to trust the orcs, a little twist in the story never hurt anyone .Just some ideas . Also what possible story are they going to make this time? They've already used amnesia to make you go back to level 1 and forget everything... maybe a shipwreck??
Which brings me to another idea. Suppose maybe you shipwrecked and you and all your friends disappeared. You are forced into being a completely new "hero", possibly who can be maybe Lee's son or something. You are told about Xardas and Beliar and have to go save the other "nameless hero" we have been playing with until now. This will take great courage and you will have to earn trust with all guilds and then go to Beliar's Realm and find out that the nameless hero has become the greatest servant of Beliar to ever live. He had been taken from his shipwrecked and possesed into being someone similar to a god, you find Xardas dead next to a statue of Beliar with our nameless hero standing in front of him. I just thought of this so don't laugh at me if it's crap
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:30 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire:

I'm not real keen on having Beliar and Innos slug it out. You'd never really see it, and what would be the real-world result? How about you and Xardas learn about a conspiracy intent on overthrowing the king. They were the ones who dispatched the Sleeper to the Colony in the first place, and you have to bring them down. Also, I think my Gomez idea mentioned earlier was really good (and I don't often compliment myself ), so I think at least that should stay.

"And what would be the real-world result?", well, this leads to the story of the kingdom... We already know Lee got something to deal with the nobles(not the great king); and Lester got a piece of paper with our help telling something related to the massive gold treasure left by the land lord in the mine valley ages ago... I personly still do not have enough material to start some thinking myself... Your idea seems to be a great surprise to me --- our great king will be verthrown by our hero --- a real surprise!! Anyway, everything could happen... but I will cry for our great king if we were going to know that he was already killed by the orcs in G3 , because we will never get a chance to kick his ass , yeah, I do respect him, but beating the one I respect for is a way to show my great respect anyway...

Besides, I appreciate your idea about Gomez, it's a good one!

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowAssas1n:

.So what did happen to the water mages?? Also it would be great if they put more then 3 guilds to join .I also think they should make it that all the paladins from the castle in the valley of the mines are resurrected into the darkness of Beliar's realm and become his servants, they then lure the paladin's of Khorinis into their power and manipulate Lord Hagen into searching for you and killing you. Also they could make towards the end that the only way for you to defeat Beliar is to trust the orcs, a little twist in the story never hurt anyone .Just some ideas . Also what possible story are they going to make this time? They've already used amnesia to make you go back to level 1 and forget everything... maybe a shipwreck??

Which brings me to another idea. Suppose maybe you shipwrecked and you and all your friends disappeared. You are forced into being a completely new "hero", possibly who can be maybe Lee's son or something. You are told about Xardas and Beliar and have to go save the other "nameless hero" we have been playing with until now. This will take great courage and you will have to earn trust with all guilds and then go to Beliar's Realm and find out that the nameless hero has become the greatest servant of Beliar to ever live. He had been taken from his shipwrecked and possesed into being someone similar to a god, you find Xardas dead next to a statue of Beliar with our nameless hero standing in front of him. I just thought of this so don't laugh at me if it's crap

More guilds to join is a pretty good thought indeed... and the 'another idea' of your is a useful guide to the story developer of PB, it is true that they could find something useful in it for their story, good work!!

But now I can hardly say what will happen to the water mages, at least we will need G2AddOn to do some foretells suitably...

=================================================
Here is another idea of a foe to our hero in G3:

A silhouette of our hero himself! Which is all the same to our hero himself, same skill, same protection, same weapon(also silhouette)... just the clone of him!

This will be a REAL challenge to everyone of us, especially if we got a super hero... and we will have to take a deeeep breath if our hero is a high magician with breath of death, because the super power we had been pride for will buring the death aura to ourselves!!
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:58 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I would like to see the items like the eye of innos actually do sumthin useful (apart from helping u talk to dragons) it was really borring you should have been able to use it as like a final weapon against the undead dragon (which was also the easiest and most boring final enemy i have fought) but apparently night of the raven makes everything harder maybe the boss to
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:12 pm
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ummm alexpetersmith you do realise if you put on the eye of innos you get +15 to armour...
Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:30 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@Hi-Necro: That's a good idea, but why would the silhoutte of the hero want to kill the hero?

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:17 am
CandiedGoat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm probably alone in this, but I'd really just like to be able to choose a female hero.
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:00 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You're not alone

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:01 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Definitely not alone, but somehow I have the feeling that we'll be stuck with this avatar for good...
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:03 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next