Best gaming moment ever!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
AterVor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best gaming moment ever!!!

OK, I just entered to prison colony and was blown away by how cool it was revisting that area! Sure, it had changed, but I still recognized sooo much of it and had multiple recollections of exlporing that area in Gothic 1. It was one of the best, if not THE best, moments in a game I've ever had.

The Gothic series is at the top of my list of RPG's... of any game for that matter. The game world never ceases to amaze me with all the little details that are there. I love just exploring!!! I played Morrowind and while an excellent game, IMO Gothic still has more to offer.

Don't know if the devs visit this forum or not, but if they (you) do, I just want to say "Thanks!" for a truly incredible game!!

Also, in hopes that the devs might stop by, here's a *wish* list of mine for any future Gothic games:

1. Season change. I would love to see a game start out in one season and move into another during the course of the game.

2. Co-op multiplayer. I feel a multiplayer component *if done right* would tremendously increase fun factor and replay value to an even higher level than they are now.

3. A bit more of a dynamic environment. Would like to see areas/caves repopulated by creatures over time within a chapter. Even if no experience is offered on these so as not to affect character leveling before entering the next chapter.

4. More crafting. I would like to see more options for forging, crafting, brewing, etc. Maybe even the ability to open a shop and hire a NPC shopkeeper.

5. Most of all, would like to see several more Gothic titles!!!

Remember, this is just a wish list. Gothic is already great, I just hope it can keep getting better!!

AterVor
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:31 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

i think that for the multi player you should be able to choose weather your a hunter, bandit, part of a camp, or just start out as an average joe like normal, andi also like the idea of being able to create your own shop and hire an npc to help you, what also would be cool is if you could build a hut of your own, and mabey this is stretching it but mabey you could cut down some trees and be able to make huts and lockpics and things, and be able to train in that skill
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:50 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Great list. Those are all good ideas. Not too sure about the multiplayer though. Gothic doesn't really lend itself to multiplayer. Plus, I don't want the developers having to put the time and effort it takes to integrate multiplayer into a game and spending less time on the great single player experience.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:52 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Agreed, JDR13. I say no multiplayer (and I'm not so sure about creatures repopulating but offering no XP), but I like AterVor's other ideas. AterVor, you should visit the "Things I would like to see in future Gothic games" topic, and post your suggestions there.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:20 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh well the MP would be cool in the end i mean it would be kidna nice to go hunting for scavs with other ppl and all. But the MP needs other things like u cant kill in the Camps and all other ppl only in forrests or outside in the wilderness
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:48 pm
AterVor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I saw that thread *after* I posted mine!

What I had envisioned with the MP was being able to run around with couple of friends in such a great game world. You're right though, Gothic does not currently lend itself to a MP environment. I think it's possible though and that it could make for a great experience, it's just that quite a bit would have to done to make that happen. Who knows though, maybe in a future Gothic title.

I also listed the area repopulation with no XP for one reason. One of the very few gripes I have actually. After clearing an area and then visiting somewhere else, if you ventured back into the previous areas you cleared, it just seemed too empty. Even if more than a couple of weeks had passed, in game time, it would have been nice to see something "move" into that empty cave or other areas. That make sense? I also realize the reason that's done. The devs obviously had a target level in mind for when you would advance to the next chapter and provided enough creatures to help with leveling. Re-populating would throw off these numbers as you could basically continue to level without ever leaving chapter 1.

In any event, Gothic II is great as it is. I just never stop dreaming of the perfect game!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:55 pm