Members
Usergroups
Stealth
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Krogon

Stealth

I now have a character that has sneak as a major skill, but when I want to sneak so I can steal something in a room there are always NPC around and sneak doesn't work well. Am I missing something? I want to try stealing something in a room with alot of NPC's in it. What's the best way to attempt this?
Post Mon May 20, 2002 2:38 am

FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The main thing is to make sure noone can see you. Try to get all the NPC's backs facing you if possible. With a low sneak skill it will be very hard to steal something with a room full of NPC's. Be careful too, the "Sneak" icon will flash randomly at lower levels, (even at higher lvls just for longer period of time) so you have to be quick and time it well. You probably want forget about a room filled with NPC's for abit if your skill is really low, start out with smaller jobs, relatively risk free. Alchemist shops make GREAT places to practice "acquiring" things.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:13 am
Krogon

Stealth

Okay Thanks for the reply. I will give it try.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:17 am

The Raven
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have another question that is similar....

How comme my sneak incon just flashes for like 1 sec???

And how do you pickpocket
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:05 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

1 sec flashes mean your skill isnt very good against those close to you. To pickpocket be in sneak mode( control depressed) and with targeted npc hit the space bar, a box will come up with anything you have a chance to pick. Be careful you can get caught even if things are in the window.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 11:33 am

Raven...

Hey "The Raven",

I have read multiple things you are posting on these boards and I have one suggestion. READ THE MANUAL. 90% of the crap your asking about is in the manual. It's a good habit to get into.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 3:25 pm

Sasquatchenator

To pickpocket, you need to hold down the sneak key, then press the use key with your crosshairs on whoever's pocket you are trying to pick...its a bit tough to do...
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:21 pm

Sadufipo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have sneak at 104 right now, and security at 65. I have about a 50% chance of sneaking up and pickpocketing ordinators. Plus, those 100 level locked doors don't stand a chance! Every enemy you come up on, sneak up to him. I leveled like a mutha doing that.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:34 pm
Brock

Stealing like a pro

If you're having a problem with people looking at you, I found a little trick out. Walk up to the guy you want to make turn around, stand the direction you want him to be facing. Normally, this is going to face away from your item of desire.
Then quicksave the game and reload it. When you come back in, the person you want 'not looking' will turn around to 'talk' to you. Just jump away. Make sure you JUMP away, and they wont turn head to follow you.

You can do this to multiple people if you want and then the one target is free. Get back into sneak mode and steal your item.

Wibble.
-Brock, LSK
Post Tue May 21, 2002 8:19 pm

kamenjar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Question: what's the backstab multiplier? I do it a lot but I just don't know how much actual damage does it deal.

In-Reply -- Tips:
Use chameleon spell or enchanted item. It helps your sneak A LOT. Invisibility just helps "Sneak up", but as soon as you try to do something, it reveals you and you are cought right away. Invisibility is good just for socouting and escaping death.

You don't have to save-reload to have the NPC turn your way. Come up to the him/her and have them face the direction you want and sit there and wait for maybe 3-5 secs and they sit like that for some time. They look at you only for some time. You can also have them turn any way you want using this technique.

I found an Amulet of Shadows (Chameleon 80%) in a side quest (MUCH BETTER than the ringof Surroundings from Larus Varro). This ring is so good that it almost makes it a bug in the game. Even if I am not sneaking, when in battle, enemies just run away from me and I keep hitting them )) I guess they can't see me. It was funny .. once a bandit said "Get away from me!" and kept fleeing.

BEGIN SPOILER======================================
How to get the amulet of shadows -- 80% chameleon with at least 10 charges for about 60 seconds:

Right southeast of the east side of the super long bridge leading to Dwarven rins that are northwest of Genisis there is a puddle-lake. Around it will be a woman asking you to find her ring in that puddle-lake for her and she will reward you supposingly. Accept the proposal. The ring is a cheap ring btw... But as soon as you find it and take it she will attack you (I dunno what's the deal there) and some guy in Chittin armor wearing/using that amulet (he is hard to see -- like a ghost). Kill them both and the guy will have the amulet on him.

I had no bounty on me for that
END SPOILER======================================
Post Thu May 23, 2002 12:19 am