2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 37

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

This sux.

I've read all the posts people made and for each one I'm like: "Yeah! That's right, that's my fav race too!" Then when I realized that I said that for almost every race...

What I'm trying to say, I don't have one. They are all really cool. My main char is a sweet talking, but kicking, spell wielding, high jumping Redguard. Her specialization is in Stealth. Her main skills are Merchantile, Speechcraft, Long Sword, Heavy Armor, Enchanting, Alchemy, Alteration, Illusion and Security. There are only 3 miscelaneous skills she didn't raise herself by this point (spear, blunt and medium armor). Lately, she decided to forgo heavy armor in favour of Unarmed. So she's running around all these Dwemer ruins with only her exquisite clothes and couple of really mean enchanted swords. Real blast to play. By the way, her character class is custom and is called "Jack of all Trades." (Before someone jumps on me that I'm not role playing the character well by developing all the skills. )

My third character was a Wood Elf archer (starting Marksman skill at 50???!!!). But she kept chewing off more than she could chew generally. Trying to raid Deadric shrines at level 1... Was quite fun for a while.

My character at work (don't say it) is an Imperial custom class called "Gem Hunter." The premise being (and no, the fact that it sounds like the "Relic Hunter" occured to me only long after I made the character) that this class of a character revolves around gems. Whether procurement, usage, or trading. Procurement can involve both raiding ancient dungeons/tombs or stealing from high profile establishments. Usage involves primarily Enchanting and secondarily Alchemy. Trading involves Speechcraft and Mercantile skills. The idea though being, that this character would be like your high class James Bond type of a character. Sweet talking, high class presentation, but all she's after is your jewels. Her main focus is supposed to be solving conflicts with high Personality skill. She's not interested in politics or guild/house wars.

Those are my main characters and all are a blast to play in their own ways. I really couldn't pick my favourite. Well, my main character is my favourite, but not because of her class but because of the time I put into her. So, I don't think there is such a thing as the best class.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:41 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

I like Wood Elves when combining the race with a thief/assassin class. You get a nice sniper
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:37 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Nael
The Old Ways contains 3 really cool races, the Shade, Rebis, and the Valheru. all 3 are really well skinned and meshed. I've been playing a Rebis Custom class lately. Strong Mysticism/Destruction/Long Sword skills

I'd love to get the link for that site too. Those races sound intriguing.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:20 pm
Dave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Head over to www.morrowindfiles.com to get "The Old Ways" plug-in. There are plenty of other plug-ins there as well. This is by far the best mod site I've found yet. All the mods are broken down into categories, so you'll find "The Old Ways" in the "Races" category.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:48 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks Dave. I found the link in the 'All New Races' thread of the Plugin Depot board. Unfortunately, it looks like that site has been temporarily shut down due to high bandwidth usage.

I'll check it out again when they have an update to that mod with female skins. Just can't bring myself to play a male character, since I'm forced to play as male more often than not in rpgs these days.

I put my favorite vote in for the dark elves. I just finished the game with a dark elf Nightblade and she was a lot of fun.

=Fixed your post. -Val=

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:19 pm
Dave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's bad news! I really like that site. Hope they're operational again soon. I'm kinda partial to playing females myself (not sure why). I wonder if my wife would mind if I lounged around in a nice summer dress? I made a Valkyrie custom class, and used a female (of course) Nord to play. There is just something about a woman in a bikini holding a Nordic claymore! The guys really give out the cat calls when she's in her bikini. Only one comment per man though, since she has a nasty habit of decapitating these men who view women as objects of sexual gratification. You don't even know what she does when it's that time of the month! Although, I've started her on Prozac and she's feeling much better these days.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:44 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I believe there's a link to Old Ways in the Plugin Depot here at rpgdot.com or you can find it at Morrowind Summit:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/mods/mods.asp
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:19 pm
HiroHito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

raaaawwwr
None can keep us out, and once we're in, there are few that can keep us from our errand, be it burglary, spying, murder, or mayhem. And when our work is done, we scamper away, one rat among thousands.

And not a man the wiser.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:44 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

The Rebis and Valheru are both androgynous races but they have different hairstyles so you can make it look like a male or female but the Shades have a separate male and female skin/mesh.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:42 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Altmer... no particular reason other than the fact that they make the best mages.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:49 pm
Jellyfish

At the moment I am using a kick-ass Imperial warrior-mage, I have stayed away from the Fighters guild and concentrated on the Imperial Guard and Mages guild. At some stage I will play a female breton pure mage and a kajit or wood elf assasin, then maybe a crazy cross dressing nord warrior
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:45 am

Barbarian
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Orcs are the best
I love them because they are real barbarians
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Barbarian
Orcs are the best
I love them because they are real barbarians

Finaly!

Finaly someone voted for orcs.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:02 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Play a Redguard with Major Skills Block/Long Sword/Restoration/Armorer/Heavy Armor

and Bonus: Maras Gift

Minor Skills: Other Magic Skills

and you are killing a Daedra like a fly.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:04 pm
Geo

I like Redguards because I think that they are they are great fighters, also because I like their Arenaline Rush power, it comes in handy in tought situations.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next