troubles with rift and memory
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
slow and steady
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

troubles with rift and memory

Ok, must be the pollock coming out in me. Either that or working two jobs too often and not playing the game for almost a week. It isn't the sanctum I am at (although I am trying to get there). I went through the teleporter and am trying the flame quencher sword(?). Am I in the right place (with two rapax priestess or something) and do I use the flame quencher on the door to get to the big horse shoe walkway, heading toward the sanctum?
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:53 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Only 2 jobs? Spoilers

If your on an overlook after going thru a teleporter with 2 priestesses(no priestesses on novice) mad at you then use the sanctum key on that door. The other teleporter goes to Al Sedaxus and the door that needs the Beckoning stone, and the path to Rapax courtyard. Personally I kill Al-s everytime I see her except when I become a templar. If you have a Chaos drone and a bard you rule in Rapax fights.I got the stone and key wandering around the rift palace and maybe the prisoner who wants the staff of ash. The firequencher wand opens the flame walled cage (there's a keyhole) starting a battle with the lava lord and Some Rapax on the bridge who are a major pain. The cage is viewable from the bridge and just take a hard left down a stone hill. Hitting shift while fighting the Lord (anyone actually) concentrates your hits on him, the bridge rapax eventually come down or show up while your resting, good for your melee fighters. there's a nook near the cage where your group can hide to pick off the rApax after killing the Lord. Happy Rapax hunting
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:14 pm
otter
One of Us

Spoiler

you really don't need to mess with the Lava Lord. The prisoner doesn't do you any good. You can just go through the T-porter to the Courtyard and go right to the Templar area in the Castle. Al-S will welcome you even if you let the prisoner get eaten. (which never happens anyway)
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:45 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

otter, you heathen... I guess after 20 wins, you don't really need to complete every possible quest for every last experience point. Being a complete-ist, I usually do it all. In fact, with my third win, I was troubled about skipping the away camp even though I really didn't like that party much by that time. Besides, every battle is a chance to collect some skill increases...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:21 am