Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
[Quiz] Which Religion is the right one for you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Pharazon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism 96%
agnosticism 92%
atheism 83%
Islam 67%
Paganism 50%
Judaism 50%
Buddhism 42%
Hinduism 25%
Christianity 0%

Not too surprising, knew a bit about satanism and it's the religion I find most appealing to me. Maybe not the spell and occultism they fancy, but their principles.

Paganism is a more neutral word for heathenism, maybe they mean all the nature based religions that exist.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:15 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Paganism is a catch-all category for modern-day, nature-worshipping religions based on pre-Christian religious practices (like Wicca). The practictioners usually call on a multitude on gods and goddesses from several pantheons as far as I know. Wicca/Paganism tends to be more popular with women because it's more goddess-oriented/matriarchal.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

i got agnosticism, so, i don't have any proof that there is or isn't a god..hmmm...interesting...
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:39 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 88%

Islam 58%

Judaism 50%

atheism 38%

Paganism 33%

Hinduism 29%

Buddhism 25%

Satanism 21%

Christianity 13%

yep, i'm agnostic, its suprising though that i'm only 13% christian. I'm quite sure christianity should be second
Post Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:55 pm
Ozymandias
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

You scored as agnosticism.

agnosticism 92%

atheism 75%

Islam 54%

Paganism 50%

Satanism 50%

Buddhism 38%

Judaism 29%

Hinduism 25%

Christianity 21%

Interesting results that surprised me. Especially the Islam and Christianity scores.

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything whatsoever as a result of you reading this post.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:25 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You scored as Islam.

Your beliefs are most similar to those of Islam. Do more research on Islam and possibly consider taking the shahadah and officially becoming a Muslim, if you aren't already. Despite the actions of some - who go against the teachings of Islam - Islam is a religion of peace; the word "islam" means "peace through submission to God." "Muslim" means "one who submits to God." Islam is the third of the three Abrahamic faiths, and it shares much with Judaism in Christianity; its differences are the acceptance of Muhammad as the last and final prophet, and the oneness of God - in other words, that Jesus, though he was a revered prophet, was not in fact God, and only one God exists. Apparently the Taliban could not read (though their name means "students"), because the Qur'an states that men and women are equal as believers, and that all believers should be educated and seek knowledge. Modesty in dress and behavior is required in Islam for both men and women to preserve the values of society and move the emphasis from superificial appearance to intelligence, knowledge, and God.

Islam 83%
agnosticism 79%
Paganism 63%
Buddhism 58%
atheism 58%
Judaism 46%
Christianity 33%
Hinduism 33%
Satanism 33%

I cannot claim to be surprised; Islam is an ancient and honorable relgion. Agnosticism being a close second isn't shocking since I have a strong need for spiritual guidance coupled with an intense distain of 'western' religions. Paganism can have some wonderful community-bonding rituals but I do not believe in the earth as an entity. Buddhism I would like to have a lot in common with.

That Christianity is tied with Hinduism and Satanism is also no surprise to me. I don't believe in reincarnation, distain the lack of self-control that Satanism CAN promote (mostly via idiots who do not understand it), and, well, am not a good Christian.

Since I see all relgions as having advantages and disadvantages and wished people could be free to choose the positive aspects of each I am closest to Unitarian than anything else, most likely.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:32 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you don't make a very good Christian I doubt you would make Islam proud. And if Islam is ancient and honorable, then the much ancienter Christianity should also be honorable and not distained. And since they started around the same area, you can't really claim one is a western religion.

I really wish people could actually have an adult, non pc talk about religions without everyone getting strung uptight. I have made a study of Islam and Muhammad, and know that he is a very violent man. I'm not knocking him as I have a tendency towards violence. Lets look at some quotes. "Enmity and hatred will reign between us until you believe in Allah alone." "Those who follow Allah are merciles to the unbelieves but kind to each other." "Fight and slay the pagans where ever you find them and sieze them, cofine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush." Compare that to Jesus's teachings.

Muhammad ordered the whole Jewish Bedi Qainuqu tribe destroyed after a fight between a Jew and a Muslim. After the tribe surrendered Muhammad wanted all of them slaughtered but his officers talked him out of it. Muhammad regularly used assasins. He sent an assasin against a lady who was kileld while breast feeding her baby. In 627 Mecca sent an army to medina to attack Muhammad and the Beni Q tribe joined them. Muhammad beheaded all the men and enslaved the woman and children of the Beni tribe.

Nothing most military leaders wouldn't have done, and historic perspective grants that this isn't out of the ordinanry or something to destain. I am not knocking the Muslim religion at all. I just find it odd that none of these things are talked about. Just think of all the horrors and atrocities that stemmed from the peacefull, tree-hugging teachings of Jesus. And people wonder where the terrorists get there ideas from.

But I think this test is crap. My results do not rflect my beliefs at all.

You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

58%
Islam

50%
agnosticism

46%
Buddhism

46%
Satanism

38%
Judaism

33%
Paganism

25%
atheism

21%
Hinduism

17%
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:53 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Oh, I know, Roqua... I don't make a good anything. It's just how it is.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:26 pm
erik
High Emperor
High Emperor

I scored agnosticism

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 67%
Islam 63%
Paganism 63%
Satanism 54%
Christianity 54%
Buddhism 54%
atheism 54%
Judaism 46%
Hinduism 25%

Member of the Sports Fans Club
Member of the Nonflamers' Guild
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:29 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

How about that?
quote:
You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity 100%

Paganism 58%

Judaism 50%

Satanism 33%

Islam 33%

Buddhism 29%

Hinduism 25%

atheism 4%

agnosticism 0%

I am a Christian, so the test is correct in that regard. I do think the test is garbage however, because it contains a lot of questions that can be interpreted several different ways. These question don't tell the whole story even if you answer.

For example, "People are not inherently evil; they are just weak and have free will." Most people are not inherently evil, but some some us are just plain evil and we know we are plain evil.

How about this? "Sex is the woman's right, not the man's." I believe that is half right. Sex is the woman's right, AND the man's. If we both want to do it we do, if either one of us doesn't want to then we don't. So how do I tell which response is correct?

Or this? "I try to be in tune with the natural world as much as I can." I do try to be in tuned with nature, but I think the teachings of Jesus are natural. So by agreeing with that statement would I be a pagan or a Christian.

Nearly, all those questions are like this, so I would put no stock into the results whatsoever.
Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2