Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Horses in game

What about horses??? I heard that in the game will appear horses
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:06 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's a rumor. PB said early on that they were thinking about mounts(horses or other animals to ride), but we never got an answer whether or not they implemented it in the game. I have read though that there will be fast means of transportation because the world is so big, but I'm just hoping for the old Gothic 1-2 way of doing it(using Teleport stones to the Monestary, the city, the farm, the fort etc). Horses can be good if done in the right way, but just ruin everything if it is done wrong.

I trust in PB to make the right decision though, so if we do/don't see horses, it's probably for the best. I doubt PB would do anything that would make Gothic 3 feel less like a Gothic than 1-2.
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:21 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

hopefully we will have them but then that owuld mean that oyu could also fight on them
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:34 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I'd much rather have horses instead of quick travel, but that's just me.

I hope we get them and they do them good.

As far as mounted combat goes, yes please. Please please please have it and let us use lances, etc. Sadly TES4:Oblivion will have mounts but you can't fight on them , i'm hoping if GIII goes with mounts they go that extra mile and let us fight on them.

Some things I think are important for a good mount system:

Different horse gaits. (speeds) walk/trot/canter/gallop, etc. Instead of simply "walk/sprint."

Not being treated as an "item." I hate in rpgs/mmorps how youre horse is treated as though it's merely an item, storing it in your "bag," etc. It should always be active in the world, you should be able to stable it, etc or Tie it up to a holding post when you go places (like the tavern, etc).

Also it's important to me to have the horse behave/move like a real horse. No Turning on a dime. A horse can't strafe, etc either. When you turn your horse has to turn it's entire body, it can't zip-zoom spin around.

I also hope that they get the immersion down for them, from breathing /neigh'ing, tail whipping, grazing on grass, etc.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:50 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

and what about gladiators i read that there will be fighting arenas??
and alsow the fighting system will be improved like fighting with two swords
or something like that.
And one more thing is there someone who doesn't like the screenshoots of gothicIII
Post Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:21 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yes, you will be able to become a gladiator and fight in arena's
And again yes, you will be able to fight with dual-swords. You can even fight with one and then pull out the other to fight with both.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:57 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I hope they can balance it out where fighting with two swords isn't better then fighting with one sword, just "different."
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:59 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I completely agree Stiler - one of the biggest problem in games with dual wielding is that it so utterly crushes wielding a single weapon it's not ever worth using a single weapon.

Personally I hope we don't see mounts at all - they tried in Sacred and failed miserably, horses in Sacred can only be used for travelling as it utterly sucks to fight on a horse. I don't see how Gothic can implement combos etc on a horse that would be anything similar to the old way of fighting in Gothic.. but then again, the fighting system is redone, so you never do know..

The main reason I hope it's not included is because it requires a lot to make it right, and can so easily ruin a lot.. if they manage to do it right, go for it, if it's risking the game balance or the feeling of the world, skip it.
Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:37 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey everyone who knows (it's almost imposible to know but anyway),
the armor in G3 will be like in G1 & G2 made of one piece
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:10 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I hope so, I like the whole "you get the look of the grade you deserve" kind of thing. It's just unrealistic for a Paladin to run around in things looking completely different than every other Paladin.
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:16 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I would hope not. I hate the one suit = all armor.

I want to be able to get each piece. Helmets, pauldrons, spaulders, leggings, breastpiece, etc.

It doesn't make sense for people outside of a hired "service" IE soldiers, etc) to have all the same excat suits of armor.

take knights for example, most knights had their own armor/pieces, not like other soldiers. Aswell as many other people that could afford it had their own prefernce to styles and such, from the "gothic" style to the italian styles and things.

Armor was a very custom thing that was generally made with the excat persons specifications/prefrence, besides the "military" armor that could be more mass produced type stuff.
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:08 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Stiler
I would hope not. I hate the one suit = all armor.

I want to be able to get each piece. Helmets, pauldrons, spaulders, leggings, breastpiece, etc.

It doesn't make sense for people outside of a hired "service" IE soldiers, etc) to have all the same excat suits of armor.

take knights for example, most knights had their own armor/pieces, not like other soldiers. Aswell as many other people that could afford it had their own prefernce to styles and such, from the "gothic" style to the italian styles and things.

Armor was a very custom thing that was generally made with the excat persons specifications/prefrence, besides the "military" armor that could be more mass produced type stuff.

There is a possibility that the armor will be not in one piece because it was sad
that you will not join to someone from the begining but till then you must weare some kind of good armor, but on the under hand they can just make more one pice armor and the problem is solved.
As for me I don't know, It will better if they put both kind of armor, if you will not join anyone wear you armor if join someone wear theyr armor. But there is a big possibility that you will create you own armor.
Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:00 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I hope that the armor will be in parts, but that they will match. I don't want to run aroun in some patch-work armor. I hated that in Sacred, I want beautiful armor parts that form a great set together.
Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:24 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
I completely agree Stiler - one of the biggest problem in games with dual wielding is that it so utterly crushes wielding a single weapon it's not ever worth using a single weapon.

Personally I hope we don't see mounts at all - they tried in Sacred and failed miserably, horses in Sacred can only be used for travelling as it utterly sucks to fight on a horse. I don't see how Gothic can implement combos etc on a horse that would be anything similar to the old way of fighting in Gothic.. but then again, the fighting system is redone, so you never do know..

The main reason I hope it's not included is because it requires a lot to make it right, and can so easily ruin a lot.. if they manage to do it right, go for it, if it's risking the game balance or the feeling of the world, skip it.

I agree to you about the horse thingy, Maylander. Even though it would be too great for them to set it in somehow, but it will be tooo hard, too. I can't really imagine how wil they be able to do it, and it would be hard to control and move by i guess.

I'd like to see sets of armors like in Morrowind, it'd be nice. The nicer thing is to be able to make your own sets (modals). Like they make a kit with GIII so we can pain our armors or something then forge them. It'd be very nice
Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:15 am
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

what do you mean "hard to move, etc?"
Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:12 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next