85%
 85%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Thread
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

is rhobar REALLY such a bad guy????

when i first started to play gothic i had a hatred for king rhobar, and so do most of my freinds who play gothic also, but as i think of it he really isnt that bad, he doesnt seem like gomez, a complete a-hole, he is just trying to save his city hey who can blame him especially when the orcs randomly raided him. what do you guys think

ps: pertaining to gothic 2 how is rhobar going to let you become a paladin and work for him if he has bounty hunters trying to kill you?????
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:07 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i think also that the king isnt bad he is just doing his dutys
Post Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:07 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'd say he's neither good nor bad. He's fighting an uphill battle against the savage orcs who would like nothing better than to destroy his kingdom and it's citizens. Unfortunately harsh times call for harsh decisions, but what may seem cruel to a peasant might actually be just pragmatic. And if Rhobar succeeds it will benefit his subjects. And let's not forget that in such circumstances the fate of many is more important than the fate of few or individuals.

P.S. Don't ask what your king can do for you, ask what you can do for your king!
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:31 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Great King of Rhobar of Myrtana of his stupid lineage isn't necisarily bad...
he was merely growing desperate. When you lose all your men, weapons, and armor, you'd go mad too.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:53 am
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The king has it rough. All around him chaos is happening and its just out of his reach. His men are dieing, his mine has been shut down, and now the peasants have revolted. He must have some phycatrist. If I were in his shoes I would have done the same things he has done.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:07 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe like Gomez remember when he lost his mine he goed also mad so the king and gomez are a littlebit the same
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:18 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, I don't know if Rhobar is responsible for the bounty on your head. Nobody ever mentioned that. Might be somebody else...!
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:44 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, I think this bounty-thingie is referring to this evil god whose feelings you've hurt by killing his pet. I mean, IIRC the devs said something like you are now on the most wanted list of this god. So there is basically a divine bounty on your head. Makes sense IMHO.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:16 pm
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think that he's trying to keep his kingdom alive, and has to do what ever it takes. Good or Bad.

Can't make an omlet without br......well you know how it goes.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:31 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

i dont think rhobar is going to be as bad as gomez, im mean gomez just atacked you for the dumbest reasons and called you a worm if you talked to him without permision, i dont think rhobar is as barbaric as gomez, well i hope not, and for the bounty thing rhobar might want you dead because he knows how dangerouse you are and could pose a threat to the kingdom if in the wrong hands
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:07 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Never met him. No idea. I'll let you know once the English version of Gothic 2 is out.
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:20 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Well I dont know what taxes are in Myrtana but I say he is good.
He is trying to save the country at all costs, he's desperate, this means he cares!
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:47 pm
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well now that I think about I do remember something about the owner of the Sleeper being mad. But I still wouldn't blame Gomez for being tee'd off. I mean we did destroy the barrier and stop the flow of ore. Now prisoners are running around buck-wild.
Post Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:34 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I think King Rhobar is completely despicable! He threw everyone he could make up an excuse to behind the barrier, a life sentence for the smallest crimes, just to mine his ore! War or not, that makes him a tyrant! Break a few eggs my fanny, Rhobar is a weak ruler who has mismanaged his regime. Oh sure, he has it rough and it's largely his own doing! I hate him with an all consuming passion and if I have the chance in G2 I'll kill him and leave his bloated corpse rotting in the countryside.

BTW... The great king of Myrtanna was Rhobar I, the king who defeated all enemies of the kingdom. Rhobar II is the king at the time of Gothic, pale and weak compared to his father, the great king. Rhobar II is the king who allowed his own general, whom he owes his throne, to be put behind the barrier! I spit on Rhobar and I hope that he is granted a death befitting a man of his... achievements, sic semper tyrannus!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:05 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I take it you'll be joining the mercenaries Gig?
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next