View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
yngvefaen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The seekers

I know there been a similar post earlier, but it didn't help me, so here goes:

I'm having a lot of trouble with the seekers quest as a firemage. I'm on chapter 5, have 6th circle magic and stuff, and pyrokars magic letter. On it is 8 names, I have found them all including Vino even though he got killed (the almanac was lying on the ground right next to him), and given the almanacs to pyrokar. I understand Mario's possessed too, but I have talked to him and he agreed to get on the ship but he doesn't have the "do you feel alright" speech option the others had. Plus, he is immortal so I can't kill him.

HOW DO I COMPLETE THE QUEST??
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:26 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You don't complete the quest, as such. Get the books from ALL the people on the list. Also get the separate book off the ground in stone circle near Lobart's farm. The quest will remain as such and yes, Mario is also posessed one, but you can't do anything to him in CH 5. In CH 6 you will dead with him and give the book to Vatras.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:13 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

I am very curious about the seekers. I am in chapter 1 and haven't met any seekers yet. What are they? Are they something like "wraiths" or "ghosts" ??

Thanks guys
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:00 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

They are pure evil... and thay are strong for someone in chapter 1... you will only meet tham in chapter 3 so dont you worry about tham.. for now..
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:05 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

there are easy... they have black robes, and a red mask.

when your in lv 15, you can kill them in 3 hits, or maybe 2 when you have a critical hit!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:33 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Guys..thanks for the info and tips.

BTW....just wondering if there is any way I can find better armour, maybe thru quests, without joining any guild yet and I don't want to cheat.

At the moment....I only have the leather armour.
Curious, thanks
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:15 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

sorry but leather's the best you're gonna get in ch1 without joining a guild. the only other non-guild armour in G2 in minecrawler plate in ch2 (although many find that it's not worth the lp required as it is quickly superceded in ch3 by armour from the guilds)

on th other hand (if you haven't already got it) there is also a +10 resist all ring available in the cave at the pyramid
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:58 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

you can do a quest for a man in the upper quarter, you must kill the leader of the snappers pack. that will give you a special claw, adn then he will give you a ring; +5 all resist.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:54 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hey guys Thanks for the tips !!!
By the way...have anyone of you fefeted Bullco? How did you guys do it?
Its hard to get him...even with arrows and 2 h. After 6-7 try I gave up and think of getting him later on.
My str 40/ weapon protection 40 with leather armour and rings.

BUT, my 2 H is still 15%...maybe thats my weak point.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:59 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

wel, first lure him out of the tavern, then make sure you block, hit, block... if he hit twice in a row, block twice. and then hit.
he have critical hits very much. so you have to block good.

i defeated him in lv 7, so it's possible
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:15 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

just thought i'd warn you that the snapper claw quest is completed in ch2. also, while this may not mean much now, when you get snapper pack quest from faleth the paladin (i think that's his name) you also need to talk to bilgot (could be wrong about the name but he's a men-at-arms) about the pack leader for the snapper leader to spawn. if you do the quest without talking to him, the snapper leader will not spawn and you won't be able to get the claw.

as for bullco, you don't need to beat him up in a hurry (i waited until i had orc slayer before giving him the thrashing he deserves). in addition to this, as was mentioned, you'll need to block quite a bit as i think bullco has a 2 hit combo (as far as i know this means that you'll need to be of at least fighter rank to fast enough parry both hits).
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:52 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

NG & Punter...thanks for the tips

The orc slayer !!! I read somewhere on this forum abt it but I totally forgot abt that weapon
Its found where the black troll or the cave with the skeletons ...or something like that ???
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:05 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well the orc slayer is in a chest at the top the pyramid thingie that's in the top right of the world map. it's very easy to get (as opposed to most of the other good weapons which are guarded by shadowbeasts, shadow warriors, black troll etc) as you can reach it by killing only, depending on which entrance, some bloodflys and 2 black goblins or some scavengers and 2 black goblins.

while you're at it, if you haven't already, it may be worth checking out the cave on the far side as it contains a +10 resist all ring although you'll have to take out quite a few lizards, black goblins, minecrawlers and golems (as bad as the golems sound they're quite easy once you know how)

as a side note the black troll cave contains torturer's axe which has the same requirements and damage as orc slayer (and it's also 1h) but with a shorter range. the skeleton cave contains dragon slicer (a 2h sword 80str/80dam) although it's difficult to acquire at an early stage
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:41 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Punter.....thanks for those great great tips
At the moment...my best weapon I been using along is my paladin 2 H / 40/40.
So far I've been concentrating on 2H...so I guess I have to start training on 1 H until I get that dragon slicer.

I will have to wait to thrash up that Bullco than....I am patient

But he is such a MAJOR jerk. I 'm just waiting to kick him good
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:31 pm