The search officially begins!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The search officially begins!

I am proud to announce that a World of Warcraft guild is currently in the process of searching for up to (5) five individuals with exceptional talent in various areas of expertise.

Guild name:
The domain name is in the process of being purchased from its current owner, therefore, the official name of the guild cannot yet be announced to the public.

The guild will continue the story started several years ago when the name was first established in EverQuest. The EQ guild was a huge success and a great experience. To current day, the original guild still exists in EverQuest.

Brief Summary of guild's history:
To branch together these two histories, there will be a professionally written tale and possibly even a short movie which tells the story of how some of the guild's most powerful Wizards got together and combined their magic to create a portal which sent some of its members to the World of Warcraft. Their reason for leaving the lands of EverQuest was to escape from the undying chaos. However, shortly after their arrival to the World of Warcraft, a new chaos emerged and the battles began once more.

Faction:
The guild will be an alliance faction. There will be many sacred rituals and rules carried on from the original. It will be primarily a role-playing guild with a "holy" sense belonging.

Advantages:
There will be several advantages to joining the guild and contributing to its initial establishment. The following are some of the incentives:

• You will be among the first five individuals to join the guild, thereby becoming one of its founders. This means your name (character's name and/or real name) will be written in this guild's history. You will potentially be known and recognized by literally thousands of people - mostly visitors to the guild's web site.

• You will be rewarded with one of the highest positions in rank. The guild leader himself will appoint you with one of these duties. Being one of the highest in rank, you will be revered by all of the guild's members. Your dedication will be honored by everyone who joins and/or applies to the guild - both in and out of the game.

• You'll have the privilege of helping to create something that might serve and affect the lives of everyone who is involved with it. Your personality and ideas will ultimately affect the outcome of the guild's existence.

• You'll be among the only (6) six individuals immune to removal from the guild by its general laws (which are the laws that apply to everyone else). There will be only one way in which you can be removed from the guild at any point in time; according to one of the original founding laws, in order for you to be removed from the guild, every single member of the guild must vote and come to an agreement that you should be removed. If only one members votes for you to remain, then you cannot be removed. Only an extreme case would warrant such an action. The only other way to leave the guild would be to voluntarily resign.

Important notice:
In order to maintain your rank within the guild, you must abide by the same rules as everyone else. Although being a high rank gives you the authority to help establish the guild's rules, they'll also apply to you. Failure to remain loyal and devoted to the guild will result in possible demotions in rank.

Requirements:
Individuals who fall into any of the following categories may post or email their application to me:

• (3) Three individuals with advanced knowledge in both HTML and PHP.
      Bonus:
    • Knowledge with other web development languages/tools.
    • Exemplary web site to show your capabilities.

• (1) One individual with exceptional writing skills.
      Bonus:
    • Experience as an administrative panelist.
    • Exemplary writings that demonstrate your skills.

• (1) One individual with experience as a guild leader in EverQuest.
      Bonus:
    • Your guild still exists under someone elses reign.
    • You were also the founder of the guild.

Application:
The following is the application. Those who are interested in this venture should post or, preferably, email their application to me. Simply copy and paste the following and respond to each of the (12) twelve questions:

1. Why are you applying?

2. What skills do you have?

3. How old are you?

4. How much MMORPG experience do you have?

5. Would you consider yourself a moderate or hardcore gamer?

6. Did you already plan on playing World of Warcraft?

7. Do you plan to play World of Warcraft for a long time?

8. Approximately how much time do you plan to spend on an average daily basis playing World of Warcraft?

9. How much time can you afford to spend on a daily basis helping us founders work towards establishing the guild prior to WoW's release?

10. How much time can you afford to spend maintaining and improving the guild after WoW's release?

11. Will there be (a) long period(s) of time when you may not be able to contribute your time either to the game or to the guild's establishment?

12. Do you have any plans to play any other MMORPGs and/or be a part of any other guilds/clans?

My email address is: Abbpacked@aol.com If you'd prefer, you may also PM your application to me.

I sincerely thank-you for your time and consideration. I look forward to seeing you all in the World of Warcraft.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity

Last edited by SirDeity on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:31 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I usually don't like to tie myself to a guild very early (or in this case before I even start) but it sounds like a good guild. You have my sword(s).

I'll email my application...

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:51 am