Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Anyone know of a good place to recruit pro modders?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
postaldudeleo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone know of a good place to recruit pro modders?

I said some things a long while about making a large mod for either Oblivion or G3, and it's time to begin. Problem is that most forums ban recruiting and the official oblivion forums are crowded with 10 year old brothers of people who bought morrowind.

Anyone have any good ideas where to start or know of any good people who can craft CGI sequences? Any good animators? All people animations are done via poser but face animators and object animators are needed.

I have decided to make a cgi movie using oblivion (way faster then any renderer) and beef it up with parts with a pro video etditing and etc.

The stuff used to make the cgi can then be used to make a mod (all models, sounds, textures, voice will be done).

Basically, I have four people as of now but with four people and the fact that my landscape rendered takes two hours per 10 seconds of quality scenes doesn't help a bit.
I do have access to a university network that could be used for mass rendering but I have to get special permission from some people everytime I need to use it.

(I love the program otherwise because everyhting is movie quality and takes 20 minutes to make a ten minute scene. The render is jsut very powerful and slow)
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:30 pm
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

A bit offtopic but have you as modder ever thought of fusing your mod with other mods and then making it commercial? Has Bethesda Softworks ever made any comment about such possibilities?

I have fulltime job and it takes way too much time for me to find all the mods that work together. If somone did that work for me I would gladly pay for it.
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:59 pm
postaldudeleo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I probably will make it commercial but only when it's done can I do that and only if the CGI is as good as I wanted but no use talking about it as that day is about a year and a half off if starting now. If it ends up being good enough then all people involved get paid.

The mod (not cgi) will of course use oblivion engine and thus may only be commercial if bethesda allows and if that ends up being good. Scripting in a movie is seconds. Game animation is looooooooong.

I personally will have 9 weeks all day long devoted to doing this next year with some people and I get some valuable college credits for it so this CGI project will get done but making the mod depends on if I can get people.

So far, voice acting is done for the script parts that are done.
Mixing sound transitions are done.
Custom graphics filters for style are ready to be used.
Music is done.
Script is about half done but all important plot parts are finished, just not the transition banter in between.
I have some models and my friends have made some animations and lots of concept art.
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:28 pm
odex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would suggest Moddb, make a profile for your mod with a good deal of information and you might attract a few people.
Post Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:57 am