Bottoms Up!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bottoms Up!

Aight, i've talked to Randolph at Akil's farm , i went to the Tavern and betted 10 gold pieces for that little game of them...so i returned back to Randolph and now he's on his way to the tavern, i then went to sleep {in gothic } i went back in the morning to the tavern and there they were...but nothing happens when i talk to both of em.....and also...how do i get a water bottle in his chest when he watches his chest all the time?

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:24 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

in the evening, the guy leaves his chest and goes out, then you can easely open it and switch the gin for water. go back to randolf and talk to him they wil both start a competition( you should have betted for 100!!!) come back in 2 days and you'll get your reward.

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:33 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Bottoms Up!

quote:
Originally posted by bigkabuto
how do i get a water bottle in his chest when he watches his chest all the time?

Rukbar will walk away from his chest every midnight (12:00AM - 1:00AM). Swap the water bottle with a gin bottle at this time. This is the key to success for this quest.

After Randolph walks into the bar, Orlan will notice you WHEN the competition starts and WHEN the competition ends. The time range is 2 DAYS. Instead of wasting time, you should go somewhere else and do other quests.

During the competition, Rukbar and Randolph will mindlessly drink like robots. There'll be no conversation options when you're talking to them.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:40 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
During the competition, Rukbar and Randolph will mindlessly drink like robots. There'll be no conversation

typical friday night then
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:44 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

lol, so you'll be seeing them drinking and drinking and drinking and nothing else? should be a funny thing to look at...no problems with the betting though... i save alot on other saveblocks than my most important one..so when i screw up i can go easily back...so i'll bet 100 then

and instead of doing quests i could go to a bed and click on "sleep till morning" twice, right ? that should be possible as well.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:49 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, it's not working....

I've waited till midnight so Rukbar goes outside to sit on that bench...i then went over to his chest...i clicked on the gin so that would be gone in his inventory and i put 2 water bottles in it....i came back after awhile and the barowner spoke to me...the battle was over but Randolph had lost.....

And Kiwi, i had options when talking to Rukbar while he was drinking..i could ask him if anything new happened and he answered..so something's wrong , right?

Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:55 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

When he goes outside, take EVERYTHING from his chest. Put in ONE bottle of water, not two. That might be why the quest failed. Then make the bet, go get Randolph, sleep for two days in a row and talk to the bar owner. Randolph should then win.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:23 am