Morrowind GOTY Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
DTMMaxImuS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowind GOTY Help

Ok, so first off just making sure you all know, this is the XBOX game. Alrighty, so im on the quest to go to the Urshilaku Burial Caverns and get the Bonebiter Bonemould Long Bow, the first time I went through, I killed everybody and searched everywhere, and found no bow. So I started looking online to see where it is and I read that the ghost in the last room has it after you kill it. I had killed it a long time ago, but never searched its remains because they never have anything in them, and because iv taken a while the remains of the ghost are now gone. Also what I read about the computer version is that if the remains are gone that they have to use console commands to summon the bow because their pretty much SOL, so am I screwed now because I dont have the ability to do console commands and summon one for me, or is there a way to get the Bow still? It would really suck if I couldn't continue on with the main quest of this game because it decided to let a quest related weapon dissappear!! Lol. Well thanks for you time of reading this and your help!!!

-DTMMaxImuS
Post Mon May 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I'll move this to the Morrowind forum, anyway, as traffic there is higher.
Post Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, I'm afraid that's rather a game-breaker.

You have three options:

• Reload an old savegame from before killing Sul Senipal (not sure if that's even possible on Xbox!)
  • Forget about the main quest - let the Dunmer suffer!
  • Finish the main quest through the alternative, violent method...

Serious plot spoilers detailed below!

Spoiler:
Okay, there's a way of winning the game without bothering with the Ashlanders or the Houses, or indeed much of the main quest at all.

Kill Vivec.

He carrys an artifact that you need to take to the Last Dwarf (along with a number of books, I think - can't remember which ones, so take all you can find that relate to the Dwemer!). This gets you the "second" Wraithguard, which you can use to protect yourself from Keening.

Spoiler:
Okay, actually there's a fourth way, which basically involves creating massively-powerful Fortify and Restore Health potions, and just accepting the damage that Keening deals! That's a tricky one to pull off, though.

Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:31 pm
DTMMaxImuS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well thats really crappy, mostly because with xbox I only have one save game I use, unlike the comp version, I can't load previous saves.

But im still pretty new to this, so Vivec is the one inside Vivec Temple right? The one with the lock of 100 and its Trapped? How do I get inside there? I have tried the lock splitter scrolls which unlocks 100, but they just said None and disappeared. Is there something else I have to do to get in?

BTW thanks for your help! Now I can stop searching that dungeon 1,000,000 times looking for it, lol!
Post Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm, not sure why you can't unlock the temple - I don't recall any problems I've had with it before! I'm afraid all I can suggest is trying again, unless anyone else can help?
Post Sat May 13, 2006 12:04 pm
DTMMaxImuS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah thanks, I finally got it to work. Those scrolls didn't work, but I went and made a spell that unlocked 0-100 on touch and that did it after like three tries.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 10:05 pm