Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Selling an Item Worth 25000 (or 10000 or 4000)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Selling an Item Worth 25000 (or 10000 or 4000)

I've found a few items worth a lot of value: a dwarf club worth 4000, a wizard's staff worth 10000, a helm worth 25000. I'd love to convert these assets to cash for purposes of levelling up on major / minor attributes, but most of the tradesmen only have enough cash for a few transactions: I've rarely seen any one with more than 1600 on hand. Moreover, the sum of all of their goods doesn't equal even the lowest price above; so bartering and getting cash for the high value items doesn't seem like a good transaction.

Any ideas how to unload the high priced loot?

Alex
Post Tue May 07, 2002 6:55 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There is a merchant in Caldera that has 5000 and he always trades exactly what the item is worth. So if you sell an item that is worth 10000 he will give you that price. Of course you won't get more than 5000 but at least you'll get that.
He's the best merchant I've seen so far.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 8:42 pm
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey Jestah:

I've used that merchant fairly often, and so far he does give the best value, and has the best selection. I bought a great suit of armor from him early. Unfortunately, I bought him down early, and sold him a lot of materiel, so his cash is low . . . and it doesn't seem like he's regenerating his cash value all that quickly. Still, worth trying out . . .
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:47 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

hmm all I had to do was to sleep for 3-5 days and he had 5000 gold again
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:58 pm

Where in Caldera is he??? I can't find anyone willing to sale items. Btw, what are the slaves for?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:46 am

Naut

Creeper rocks! His buying/selling price is the same on everything, so you don't lose money in the process. Anyways, to make the best amount of money on big ticket items, you just need to sell him enough small stuff to cover the cost of the big thing (you'll have to "wait" for 24 hours in between 5,000 gold purchases as that's his max).

For instance, I had 4 swords that sold for 4,100 gold each and a katana that sold for 20,000 gold.

1) I sold the swords to him and made 16,400 gold.
2) I sold the katana to him and on the same transaction took back the swords and made 3,600 gold.
3) I sold the swords back to him and made another 16,400 gold.

Neat huh? If you just keep trading out the swords when selling the high-priced stuff, you'll have all the money you'll ever need. It feels almost like cheating though, I must admit... I don't think it was their idea to have money come so easy. Ah well.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:01 am

condor

its just easyer to give your self the value that you can sell at then waiting for the money to tick down then through the weapon out.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:27 am

Ughhhh

K, got Creeper

Could anyone point me at good medium weight armor that won't make guards want to kill me?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:29 am

wunshot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I cant find him anywhere....suggestions?

thanks

wunshot
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:27 am
Maudlin

He's just southsoutheast of the castle on the hill, on the second storey of a manor full of orcs. And he's there all week, Caldera!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:28 am

quote:
Originally posted by Jestah
There is a merchant in Caldera that has 5000 and he always trades exactly what the item is worth. So if you sell an item that is worth 10000 he will give you that price. Of course you won't get more than 5000 but at least you'll get that.
He's the best merchant I've seen so far.

CAnt find this merchant...tips? name/in what house etc.

I just cant find a merchant with 5000 in caldera
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:28 am

Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Can't remember the name of the house but if you come from the south entrance it's the second building on the right (not counting the guard tower). It's a house where there are 2 orcs in the room where you enter and the merchant is upstairs with 2 more orcs. The merchant is a creeper (that's the race).
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:36 am
Talman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ghorak's Manor in caldora is where creeper is, he is up stairs, he is a scamp.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 12:52 pm
Naut

If you need money quickly, one of the orcs downstairs from Creeper has an ebony sword that'll fetch a ton of money ... I think it was about 10,000 gold. You'll have to kill him for it, though; pickpocketing doesn't work.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:15 pm

Dmitry the Wizzy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On the top floor of the Mages guild in Balmora is an enchantress with two filled up VERY nice soul gems. I just traded all my nice stuff for a 60K soul gem then had her enchant a KILLER sword for me.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:16 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next