Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ritual of the sun? Sure when, next year?!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Lamquin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ritual of the sun? Sure when, next year?!

Well i got this little problem in gothic 2 when the 3 mages gather to reactivate the eye of lestat. Well, heres my trouble: They dont move a freakin finger!

I have gatherd them all there, gotten the amulet fixed and went to that stoneplace. Okey, now what? i have tried dropping the thing, speaking to them, yelling at the screen (hey i was desperete) and waited 2 gothic days..... Can someone please tell me what to do
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:30 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Ritual of the sun? Sure when, next year?!

quote:
Originally posted by Lamquin
Well i got this little problem in gothic 2 when the 3 mages gather to reactivate the eye of lestat. Well, heres my trouble: They dont move a freakin finger!

Try taking a nap (in game mode, not in real mode). This will reset the location of all NPCs. Make sure you are cleared from obsession before you take a nap.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:24 am
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Grab the repaired eye from ground, and do this...

- B, "marvin", B (replace B with the key assigned to the character screen)
- F2, "hero export foobar", ENTER, F2
- B, "42", B (be patient - it takes a while)

... and mail me the file [GOTHIC2]\Saves\FOOBAR.ZEN

.nico
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:47 am
Lamquin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh which reminds me: How do you sleep ^^? Tried the g1 way: Pressin use and forward, but here he just steps up again. And i thnk i found somekinda bug... when i layed down (on a bed) the hole screen started freaking out on me the same way when the sekkers try to posses you.... restarted the game and it worked tho, so nevermind.

EDIT:

Oh and...does cheating ruin some triggers? Couse ive been folling around with the console (mostley the "goto waypoint" and "insert pc_rockfeller" mostley couse im to lazy to seach for most items )
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:00 am
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

quote:
Oh which reminds me: How do you sleep ^^? Tried the g1 way: Pressin use and forward, but here he just steps up again. And i thnk i found somekinda bug...

Maybe in front of the screen
Do an 'hero export i_am_a_cheater' and 'hero import i_am_a_cheater' in the console. BTW, only the player instance will see the dialog if using objects (even Rockefeller can't buy it).

quote:
when i layed down (on a bed) the hole screen started freaking out on me the same way when the sekkers try to posses you....

You can't sleep if an seeker possessed you. Run to mummy (Pyrokar) and get/buy a potion.

quote:
Oh and...does cheating ruin some triggers?

*******-well, you should use the devmode (marvin) only if you are advised to do so, know what you are doing, or want to have some fun after finishing the game at least ones. So the answer is: of course.

- nico
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:15 am