while im here
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

while im here

how hard is it to slay everyone in the theives guild? thats all, please compare to many different foes in Gothic2 (considering the hardest things i have taken on are dragon snappers, wargs and orcs and lost every time)

another question... Hunting skills, could someone tell me which skills are worth it? i know for a fact that skin wolf is completely pointless and not worth 5lp for example, i was wondering specifically aboutminecrawler plates/mandibles. general info appreteated
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:13 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

hmmm, and out of curiosity what will happen if i sneak into everyones house in the upper part of town and kill them at night? like is there anyone that is vital to the game story and therefore should be spared? eg judge... i already had the chance to kill him but i thought i would save it for another day

and no, just beating them up is unacceptable, they deserve death
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:21 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Expesialy the woman who is leading the thiefsguild is very hard to beat, I've hit her with a fully charged large fireball and she lost about 60% of her HP. Before I could charge another she ran to me and killed me with 2 blows of her sword. I would rather go up against 2 orc elites.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:53 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

But Cassia is alone! You can try to parry her
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:33 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Cassia is adout the same difficulty level as cord on onars farm, there both on level 30 but she has a better weapon, Ramirez is about as tough as sentenza and jesper is a stupid retard who couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:45 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Oh, BTW, learning to skin animals is a far from useless skill, especially if you're Bosper's apprentice.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:54 pm
Vival
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Gothdick
hmmm, and out of curiosity what will happen if i sneak into everyones house in the upper part of town and kill them at night? like is there anyone that is vital to the game story and therefore should be spared? eg judge... i already had the chance to kill him but i thought i would save it for another day

and no, just beating them up is unacceptable, they deserve death

Down with the bourgeoisie!
I don't think that should be a problem since the story relevant characters are invincible. I probably murdered most of them when i pillaged their homes at night. Unfortunately(for them) I was a pretty clumsy burglar and often waked them up and since I had no time for that romantic/honorable thief stuff I just nailed them to the floor with my gigantic two-hander. No eye eyewitnesses!
Post Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:54 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

yeah, i only recently found out that the judge was invincible, dammit...

i feel like breaking into jail and slaying canthar, coz i heard he comes back to haunt you later in the game

i decided the theives guild will be spared... for now (well because im only level 10 )

one last question, please compare Khaled, bullco and sentenza with an orc warrior
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:05 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To me, orcs (excluding elites) are a lot easier than the mercenaries you mentioned (although not as fun). You can L-R-L-R an orc to death, but fighting a skilled swordsman takes more strategy. You can fight an orc without ever parrying if you have good timing; trying that on an NPC like Bullco probably wouldn't be such a good idea...

(Although being able to stand up again after a duel-gone-bad with a mercenary is a nice alternative to being dead...)
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:42 am
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

yeah thats what makes the mercs so damned easy, once they flatten you, potion up and go again, slowly wearing them down. Finally beat up bullco, heh lee made me pay 150 for whacking a farmer or something
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:31 am