Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Sextant and a couple of other questions.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sextant and a couple of other questions.

Where can I find a sextant? I have this quest from the thieves guild and now I am at chapter 4 and still couldn't find one...

And what about the 'Shadowbeast horns for Buster' quest?
I found quite a few for him but the quest is stiil on the list...
Does it always stay there or it will go if I give him more?

And if this is the case can you please tell me a few locations where I might find some Shadowbeasts because I think I have killed them all...

Thank you in advance.
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:22 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Sextant and a couple of other questions.

quote:
Originally posted by Nikos R.
Where can I find a sextant? I have this quest from the thieves guild and now I am at chapter 4 and still couldn't find one...

And what about the 'Shadowbeast horns for Buster' quest?
I found quite a few for him but the quest is stiil on the list...
Does it always stay there or it will go if I give him more?

And if this is the case can you please tell me a few locations where I might find some Shadowbeasts because I think I have killed them all...

Thank you in advance.

The sextant is in the treasure of the Fire Dragon, close to the castle in VoM. You can even grab the sextant without bothering to fight the dragon, but since you are in Chap. IV you have to do it anyway, so ...

Some shadowBeast locations -new world-:

1) Near the lighthouse
2) Near Khorinis -there are at least two places-
3) Below the bridge close to the Magic Golem
4) Near Sagitta's home

Hope this will help,

Saruman
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:05 pm
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks Saruman for the tip about the sextant...

Unfortunately I think that I have already been to the places that you mentioned for the shadowbeasts...But I'll check them again..
Thanks again anyway...
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:33 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

just a couple of points about shadowbeast horns

1)if memory serves me correct the quest lasts until chapter 5 at which time buster says that the merchant was killed and he therefore has no interest in any more horns

2)i think you can also buy a couple off constantino as well (to be honest i can't remember when i encountered all the shadowbeasts but i've given him 13 horns while i killed one shadowbeast early on before i learnt the skill to remove its horn)
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:26 am
AndruXD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sextant

strange i could swear that i got the sextant in the treasure of the ice dragon now im confused
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:31 pm
TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I got it from Stone Dragon. Where does the Fire Dragon got his treasure?
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:07 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

i'm reasonably sure the sextant is not found in the ice dragon's treasure although that's where you find a dragon egg

as for the fire dragon's treasure it's closeby, it just require a amall bit of climbing around
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:51 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: sextant

quote:
Originally posted by AndruXD
strange i could swear that i got the sextant in the treasure of the ice dragon now im confused

You are right! Indeed the sextant belongs to the Ice Dragon, sorry for misleading. The Fire Dragon has another treasure, the "Ash Bow".

Saruman
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:01 am
TCP/IP PROTOCOL
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am 100% sure that I found the sextant in the Stone Dragons treasury. Ice Dragon had a Stormbringer.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:06 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

The Ice-dragon is the one with the Sextant, the dragon-eggs also if I don't mistaken

As to the Fire-dragons treasure you don't need to climb up, you can simply walk up the mountain, just look outside the circle where the dragon are.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:55 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well once again i'd like to say that i'm pretty sure i didn't get the sextant with the ice dragon but with that said unless it's random the consensus seems to be that it's either with the ice or stone dragon

i had a look at a walkthrough on gamefaq.com and according to the author here's what he got from the dragons

ice dragon: "His large treasure hoard in the back contains 650 gold, a two-hander called Stormbringer, and a dragon egg. There's also a note in a small partly snowed in building to the right from some 'Saturas' that left this cave earlier."

stone dragon:"His hoard of gold is located behind him to the back of the cave and contains 325 gold in satchels, some swords, a silver plate and chalice, a gold plate and lastly a Sextant worth quite a bit sold, or given to Ramirez to complete his quest"

that sounds about right to me but it's probably better if someone else with a convenient savegame can confirm or deny this as my memory ain't what it used to be (aah the perils of growing older... but i digress)
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:34 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

The STONE Dragon have the sextent!!! not the Ice or the Fire Dragon...
This is a great map list... Tons of maps there and one of those maps is a shadowbeast map...

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.jowood.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D30f4b3ab9bb25f66a2fb4c1393370450%26threadid%3D26656&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

here this is the shadowbeast map...

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php%3Fs%3D%26postid%3D518877&prev=/language_tools

Did any of you played gothic 1? i RELLY wanna play it but i dont have the money...
Can you tell me where you got it or where i can get it (without neuks)?
plz.. send me a pm...
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:54 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

hmm...maybe it is random then, or maybe a bug? 'Cause I got the sextant right before my game was fucked up, and then I had only killed the Ice- and the Fire-dragon. Anyway, so the Stone- or the Ice-dragon have the sextant.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:50 pm
Pikkon

I dont think its possible... i finished the game 3 times and the sextent was alweys there... at the stone dragon at the back of hit treasore...
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:45 am
Pikkon

I dont think its possible... i finished the game 3 times and the sextent was alweys there... at the stone dragon at the back of hit treasore...
and whan you start the dragon hunt i say do what i did... kill tham in this order:
1. swamp dragon
2. stone dragon
3. fire dragon
4. ice dragon

thats the best order coz it starts from the easiest dragon to the hardest dragon...
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:48 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next