Stuck in Crypt--PLEASE HELP!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
chuckdiggity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck in Crypt--PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to the awesome walkthru posted here, I now have a chance at getting the Shield of the Elder in level 3 of the crypt. The only problem is, I can't, after playing a good portion of this weekend, find the sixth "stone with carved sign"! As per the walkthru, i'm on the second part of the riddle putting the symbols on the columns, but i need the one with the crescent symbol on it "(". I have been through the crypts at least a dozen times over to no avail. In the map for level 5, I can't get into room 7, but there's no stone listed there anyway, and in room 5, I can't lockpick the chest (which does'nt list a stone anyways). So whats the deal? I was really enjoying this game until now and i'm to into it to let it go. Someone please help!!!
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:30 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you have the pc version than I can direct you to page 70 of the walkthrough for the general list. Did you go behind the rocks and find the corpse in level 5 room 11? That is one that gets missed a lot. It is not on the body if I remember right but is by it and hard to notice at first. Did you get the one out of the tomb level 6 and the tomb you have to pickaxe open in room 6 there as well. One of the tombs is in the wall and unless you pass your mouse over it to light it up you may miss it as it doesn't appear like most of the other tombs in the place. I have never heard of anyone having a bug with finding the stones, so back track and make sure you didn't miss one. There were a few of them next to bodies in tombs and not on the bodies so you have to search the whole tomb to see them. Hope this helps. Good luck. Welcome to the boards by the way.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:31 pm
chuckdiggity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Still looking....

Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply. I tried what you said but still no cresent symbol "stone with carved sign". I'm getting really close to starting over and i really don't want to--i'm almost level 8, i've got the dispel illusion helmet, ect... I just don't get it. Once i got the key to the crypt, i've only been back and forth from there to town to replenish and sell stuff. If i dropped it i don't know where cause i've traced over my tracks many times now. I count three tombs in level six, room six, is that it? Can you please tell me where, specifically, the cresent symbolled stone is to be found? Thanks.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:48 am
chuckdiggity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh yeah, that room in the crypt where the two gargoyle statues follow your movement is absolutely creepy. It took me a couple visits to realize they were doing it. Thats got to be the single best effect in a game like this that i've seen in a long time--truly memorable! I can't believe it has'nt been done before.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:52 am
DeMuiz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Stuck in Crypt--PLEASE HELP!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chuckdiggity
Thanks to the awesome walkthru posted here, I now have a chance at getting the Shield of the Elder in level 3 of the crypt. The only problem is, I can't, after playing a good portion of this weekend, find the sixth "stone with carved sign"! As per the walkthru, i'm on the second part of the riddle putting the symbols on the columns, but i need the one with the crescent symbol on it "(". I have been through the crypts at least a dozen times over to no avail. In the map for level 5, I can't get into room 7, but there's no stone listed there anyway, and in room 5, I can't lockpick the chest (which does'nt list a stone anyways). So whats the deal? I was really enjoying this game until now and i'm to into it to let it go. Someone please help!!!

As far as i can make up of it (got same prob.)

Room 5 (lvl5) contrains the key to room 6 (lvl5), there the stone must be.
(reading the walkthrough)

I think the key is in the chest in room 5, but i cant lockpick it.

Could anyone help me?

Muiz

demuiz@hotmail.com
Post Wed May 31, 2006 7:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Yes the key is there. You must need a few more points in technical skills. One way around it that might help if you are close to the needed points is to cast bless. The ups your tech and dex for a short time. If it won't work go do a few more side quests perhaps and put points into tech.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:25 am