View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
Yes, the music forum is a good idea. There're lots of people who love music here!

...but nowhere near enough for a forum's worth! And remember that we're called RPGDot, not GeneralInterestDot.

No, I expect conversations about music are best left to AOT - there'll never be enough music traffic to make it worth opening a dedicated forum for it.
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:28 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I agree cfm. I think they have done a good job as of now and it's time to leave it alone and see how it works as is. If it isn't RPG related, the AOT will do just fine. IMHO.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:01 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Or maybe they should add "music" to the new Books & movies forum, so it'd be books, movies & music.
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:25 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Guys I'm telling again that Aot is not a music forum! We can't speak just about music there! Maybe you're against music?

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Books (movies not so strongly) are connected to RPGs through their story elements. Music is much more apart. We have nothing against music. I personally spend a lot of time "with" music.
Still I believe that AoT forum is right place for it.
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:52 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Ok, I'll try to ask everything what I want, and you'll see that it will take to much space.

Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:00 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

If you will ask meaningful questions, you are welcome.
If you will ask questions just to show us that we need new forum badly, then it is not good choice.
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:10 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Confucius say, man who posts pointlessly made to eat own spam.

Seriously, AOT isn't a music forum? Not specifically, no. It's also not specifically a smiley, avatar, birthday, toast, webcomic or politics forum - but that doesn't stop those discussions living there, because they (a) aren't directly RPG-related and (b) aren't busy enough to require their own forum. Much as I'd love to see a "Favourite Food" forum, for example, it's just not RPG-related enough. Although we'd probably get plenty of traffic in it...

Music resides in AOT for now. If there's a lot of relevant music-related traffic in the future, ask again and the situation will be re-evaluated.
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:16 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

You're probably right! Then I'll try to open music group at least

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:54 am
Kabol_Schezar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sup, ya'll? Got a question for ya. I was reading some of the posts in the forum and I have to wonder, how many of ya'll actually play star wars galaxies? Maybe I should take a poll on that... Anyway, I just thought it might be interesting to put that thought out there. And although as admirable as your conversations are to keep music out of the forum, you are allowing it in by arguing the point Hehe, just something to think about. Personally, I think the conversations should stay more SWG.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:45 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, you posted in a global announcement thread (=thread appearing in all forums at the same time) about which new forums to create. So - this thread is not about SWG, even though the thread appears in the SWG forum as well... it appears in ALL forums to allow for wider participation.

The other discussion was not about keeping music out of a certain forum or not, the question was if there should be a special music forum in addition to all the other forums, or if music should be discussed - as it has been before - in the Absolutely Off Topic forum.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:13 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Music should be in the "downloads" forum, along with video previews and demos.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:54 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

It would be great if there was a forum to talk about your favorite development team, developers, publishers, etc...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:16 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Maybe I'm late, but don't you think that some new forums are lacking in activity? For example, "The Fall" forum, has only 20 posts! As well as the "Sacred" forum. Maybe they should be closed?
Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:40 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The idea is to get ahead of the curve on some of those games in development, Nobody. Although I don't know for certain, I expect there aren't many places a person could go to discuss "The Fall" (for example) right now. Similarly, that game hasn't gotten much publicity yet, so there aren't going to be many people talking about it yet.

The key is to get established as the place to go for some of these games, and the best way to accomplish that is to open early to attract some of those diehard fans that all games have- those are the people that will know and share the latest gossip and have the background to answer questions (both pre-release and spoiler types) early on. Forums can easily grow up around a couple gurus. If we attract the gurus now, we'll be ahead of the other sites 6 months from now when the game gets wider interest.

Of course, some of my theories have been total garbage before...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next