Realms of Arkania 4 Confirmed!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Realms of Arkania 4 Confirmed!

You may recall a recent rumour we posted that a new Realms of Arkania game was in development - possibly by Master Creating. At the time, some confusion was caused because dtp/Anaconda is expected to show two new RPGs at E3. It seems Realms of Arkania 4 is indeed in development - although at Radon Labs - and according to <a href="http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=464501" target="_blank">PC Games.de</a> and will be featured in their June issue due in a few days.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:14 pm
wahwah
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

good news.. good news
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:15 pm
Jora
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Very good news. Hopefully the excellent traveling system is still in.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:26 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Wow, this is some of the best, and unexpected, news in quite some time!
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:27 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Awesome news. PUH-LEEZE don't dumb down the rules system. A good, hardcore CRPG would be very, very refreshing.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:02 pm
Garrett

added an update link to a first screenie
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:28 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
added an update link to a first screenie

Is it definitely a genuine "screenshot"? i.e., Are they that far into development? If so, this just gets batter and better!
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:34 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Release is 4th quarter 2007. So it' s more than 1 year away.
I played shadows over riva 8 years ago and i liked it but he gfx were really bad even for it's time but gameplay was ok. It's sad that Guido Henkel won't be part of the team again.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:58 pm
bjon0455

I hope it is more like Blade of Destiny that the other 2. BoD was much more non-linear and a lot larger, They better not do away with the overland map either, Shadows over Riva was by far the worst in the series simply because it didn't have the same party management system as the first 2.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:26 pm

I wouldn't want them to dumb down the rules system, but it would be nice if they balanced it a little bit. Just because something is in the pen and paper RPG doesn't mean it has to be in the computer version if it doesn't actually do anything.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:44 pm

dtp Olli
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi guys. I've got a link for you to the official Drakensang board: www.anaconda-games.com/forum

You can chat with the developers of the new game on the "The Dark Eye" licence there [both in English and in German]. See you on the ANACONDA boards!
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Here is the official PR. For some reason we didnīt get this one:

quote:
Hamburg, Germany: April 21, 2006 – ANACONDA, German publisher dtp’s adventure and RPG label, reveals one of the most exciting RPG projects of the next year. Set for release in the 4th quarter of 2007, Drakensang: The Dark Eye, designed by Berlin developers Radon Labs, will be sure to enthrall RPG fans. Drakensang: The Dark Eye brings back epic party-based RPG gameplay in a breathtakingly detailed world, based on one of the world’s biggest pen & paper franchises.
With and incredible eye for detail, the world of Aventuria comes alive on the PC in state-of-the-art 3D graphics that bring to life the epic vistas and stunning variety of this one-of-a-kind fantasy world.
Drakensang: The Dark Eye is the first PC adaptation of Germany’s most popular and long-standing pen & paper RPG franchise in 10 years. In the last twenty years a thriving community of millions has grown, as the fantasy universe of Aventuria has been expanded in books, boardgames and a popular series of computer games. A first world-exclusive look at the game will be published by German gaming mag PC Games in the coming days.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:59 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by dtp Olli
Hi guys. I've got a link for you to the official Drakensang board: www.anaconda-games.com/forum

You can chat with the developers of the new game on the "The Dark Eye" licence there [both in English and in German]. See you on the ANACONDA boards!

Hurrah! Chances of me doing any work today? Zero.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:01 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hey Gorath,

There's a few posts in the German forums, but my German is pretty lousy. If you're not too busy, any chance you (or some other kind-hearted German speaker) could scan the subject titles and see if there's anything of substance there? I can't make head nor tail of it with Babelfish.

Cheers!
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:08 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Not today, sorry.

Subscribers should receive the PC Games tomorrow, though. It would be nice if one of our readers could send us a summary.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next