You are out of uniform...??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Gnurk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You are out of uniform...??

As part of one of the blades quests I'm supposed to talk to someone in Fort Buckmouth. But when I try to talk to her I am told "You're out of uniform, come back when you are serious. Goodbye."

I thought it might be that I'm wearing something that offends her, like an orcish bracer or something, but I removed all of my armor, and still got the same message. Thus it seems there is something she wants me to wear, not something she wants me NOT to wear. I don't know what it is though.

She is supposed to tell me how to find some dungeon, named Inuril or some such, for the next step in the blades quest. So I'd really like to hear what she has to say. If anyone can offer a suggestion I'd appreciate it.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:10 am
bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't know if I can help you but what guilds are you a member of? I have read that some guilds require you to wear certain armor.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:25 am
Dreaga07
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

legion uniforms

ok, if you get that message it means your a member of the imperial legion and forgot about it. that means to talk to any other member you have to wear either Imperial Steel Plate or Imperial Chain Mail. if your not wearing one of those, they wont talk to you. You could also wear the Lord's mail or Dukes Guard Mail but you dont get those until way later in the imperial legion quests

=Member of The Sixth House=
=Member of The Non-Flamer's Guild=
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:58 am
Gnurk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, thanks for the info...any idea where I might buy one of those? (I must have dropped the one I had for weight reasons in some deep cavern, most likely...
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:22 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Pelgiad armor shop

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:01 am
Gnurk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm...there are two armor shops in Pelegiad. One inside the fort and one in a shop. The one inside the fort won't talk to me because I'm "out of uniform" (catch-22?) The other doesn't carry Imperial Mail (he does carry a few imperial items, like pauldrons, but those dont' do the trick).

HELLLLP!!
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:33 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

There is a other trader in palegiad, right next to the armor shop outside the castle.
You might find one in sayda neen, lockpick the warehouse. I saw some imperial armor in crates.

Maybe the armor shop in Ebonheart, if he does not sell it to you, just steel it, but don't get caught.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:38 am
Glorfindel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There is a great plug-in called Legion Shirt or something like that which provides a legion shirt in one of the Balmora clothing stores. You can wear this shirt and will be recognized as a member of the legion without having to wear/lug around that heavy and none too protective armour. Recommended without hesitation.
Post Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:26 pm
Corran-Horn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I find this Uniform thing very annoying. My character is an advanced fighter with high Speechcraft, and I prefer to wear the Cuirass of the Savior's Hide . so whenever I'm caught wanting my "uniform," I just find an Imperial NPC whose name is "Guard" (which tells you he'll never be needed to complete a quest), taunt him till he gets fighting mad, kill him, put on his cuirass, and dump it when I'm done talking to the people I need information from.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:53 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

If you keep doing that then you will round out of guards, then what will you do.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:07 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Guards respawn
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:01 pm
Corran-Horn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, it's nice to know whenever my pockets run dry I can head over to Vivec and piss off an Ordinator. Their armor could feed a family of 4 for a month! (take what you can carry and dole it out to the more loaded merchants as you travel)
Post Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:49 am