Usergroups
How Do I focus on the enemy?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Taran
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I find that besides the akward controls I cant keep an enemy in front of me while I try to hit "Contol-Up arrow to attack. By the time I manager to attack, the enemy has moved to the side out of my view. So I then turn to bring him to my front...then try to attack with the "Contol+up arrow again to find thy have moved again. So this continues until Im dead. Not much fun...Is their a way to keep locked on the enemy, so they are always to the front? If so please tell me the key I need to use . Does "Focusing" on the enemy keep them to the front? Please help...

Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:02 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There is no autofocus. I suggest you diversify your attacking schemes a bit. You actually have 4 cursor keys and after paying for some training you will learn attack combos.
Ctrl + forward is sometimes risky because you make a step in direction of the enemy and weaken your defense. Try L-R-L-R, etc.
Melee combat in Gothic is a matter of timing. With perfect timing you can beat strong enemies without being hit a single time.

Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 5:30 pm
Taran
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you for the info. I will try that. I should have said in my prior post...I love the game. I just felt the controls gave me a little trouble. With out the opt to remap the attack controls, it forces one to learn the controls as created by the Dev team, or give up. I will learn. I also want to add...I beleve this is the first RPG I've played that makes me feel "Im really getting to know the NPC's like real people." Great Game. so so controls for now...I WILL learn.

Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 8:10 pm

someone said that you can attack only by pressing ctrl.-up--- but this is bullshit:)
if i were you, i'd use ctrl.-left or right
that way there is no thrust forward, and you can actually hit an enemy that's on your side without seeing it
Post Mon Nov 26, 2001 11:00 pm

Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, the ctrl+left,right is a good way to defeat an enemy, especially those big birds!
With the molerats you will have to run close towards the and hit them because they they don't come close enogh!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:08 am
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I mean scavengers, not big birds, but I couldn't find a better word at that moment.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:16 am
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

ACtually I prefer using left mouse button and up arrow to control and up arrow. The mouse allows you to track enemies pretty well. Of course the fast ones can still make you dizzy!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 4:29 am
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It's not possible to use the mouse to attack with in the demo.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:08 pm