DnL
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

DnL

Dark and Light. Have the folks at MMORPGdot, done anything on this game. Someone made a comparison with it to DF. Just want to know if this game is worthy of my time to look at it.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:53 pm
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

DnL's screenshots are spectacular and mesmerizing. Beyond that I find very little to hold one's interest. There project seems to move foward at a snails pace. I followed intently for a month or two, signed up for there beta, and gleaned all I could from there forums. There was very little information about gameplay and mechanics. To this point there emphasis has been on the graphics engine and world development. The size of this world is impressive to say the least and they may surprise me with a finished product worthy of further exploration. There single server world ( all accounts in the same shard ) sounds good but can it actually pass muster in the real world is an absolute unknown.
Add to this that the publishing company is unknown with no track record, and minimal communication from the developers makes this a sleeper at best.

My feeling is that by the time ( if ever ) they get this completed we will all be playing MMORPG's on consoles.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:10 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

DnL certainly has some potential, although at the same time I guess it has nothing very new to offer that we know of. What i basically mean is that the only real innovation that DnL is reportedly offering up until now is a huge world... which isn't much of an innovation.

But you could say that they are being secretive. the technology seems very interesting. We did an interview and a preview at the end of 2003. Finally, we recently did a preview of the closed beta which is much more recent.

Hope these will give you enough info to set your mind!
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:46 pm