Please help with lost object
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

Please help with lost object

Hi folks - I have done a search on the NWN forums but I couldn't find the answer I needed.

I'm replaying the single player game and have come across a bug. I'm not gonna post any spoilers here but it's the quest that the temple priest gives you in chapter 2.

When defeating and then talking to the people he asked me too normally an object (necklace) is removed from my inventory. This bit worked Ok but then I made the mistake of clicking on the person before they left the screen. This paused the quest therefore I need to be able to create (spawn) the object in the game to get another one as I have run out of the ones the priest gave me (and he doesn't give anymore). I know this will work so I'm not really looking for alternatives I'm simply asking if there is a way (i.e console command) to insert an item into the game (and if anyone happens to know exactly the code I need to use to insert the aforementioned "Necklace")

Thanks in advance
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:36 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

This is a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway, just in case. Did you check in the pool at the temple for the necklace? You can usually buy back plot specific items there.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:19 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Gig
This is a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway, just in case. Did you check in the pool at the temple for the necklace? You can usually buy back plot specific items there.

I did try that just in case, Thanks Gig. But this is due to a bug. The NPC is supposed to leave the screen unfortunately I talked to him before he left thus preventing the game from spawning the next NPC in the sequence. I did this twice so I have no spare items (necklaces) left to get rid of the NPC. I tried killing him but it still didn't work. So therefore what I need is a console command for giveing items (like givemoney) but I can't find one.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:54 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Can you add the item using the DM client? LL had to put something in once (or maybe he just wanted something and added it, I can't remember) and that's how he did it. We just picked the item up at the temple. You must unjoin your henchmen before you make changes using the DM client and then rejoin them when you return to the game. If you make changes with the henchmen joined they will attack you when you return to the game and kill you or you have to kill them. In any case they won't follow you anymore, so remember to unjoin your henchmen!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:56 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

quote:
Originally posted by Gig
Can you add the item using the DM client? LL had to put something in once (or maybe he just wanted something and added it, I can't remember) and that's how he did it. We just picked the item up at the temple. You must unjoin your henchmen before you make changes using the DM client and then rejoin them when you return to the game. If you make changes with the henchmen joined they will attack you when you return to the game and kill you or you have to kill them. In any case they won't follow you anymore, so remember to unjoin your henchmen!

Ok I'll give it a go - cheers Gig

EDIT: OK so it's now official Gig is the coolest, best, most beautiful person in the whole world

Thanks for the suggestion, it kinda went OK. I tried it once and inserted the wrong items and then had trouble getting in again but I finally did. In fact to fix the quest I also need to get the priest to drop various parts of his inventory which I could then present to him again. Then I finished the quest and got the fantastic reward of ....of... 750 gold I ask you was it worth it???

But now I can go onto chapter 3 with a clean journal (apart from the Belial quest but I ain't even going there (I really wish Rangers had Prot from evil )).

Cheers again Gig
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:17 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

You're welcome.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:32 pm