Enchanting Weapons .. still cannot get it right
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Circus_Psychotica
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enchanting Weapons .. still cannot get it right

Before you all smack me around, I have Searched these forums but still do not understand the concept of Enchanting items.

I have non enchanted items, I have garlic and bone powder.

I see when I Use bone powder, my non enchanted items flash in my inventory. When I then click on the non enchanted item, my char syas something, I forget what, and when I look into the description of the weapon/armor, it says something in the way of Waiting for Enchantment.

But I don't understand what I do next?

People say you cast Enchant Object, but I only see a level 8 spell Enchant Weapon in the manual.

And since I am not going to be playing with magick in any way, or very little of it ... what do I do?

Heard there is only, 2 of the needed scrolls in the game.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am already miffed about identifying items.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First welcome to the Dot!

Now as to the enchantments, it is a level 8 spell, so your character must have that level in the game to do it. What you are needing it sounds like, is object knowledge to be higher. You can use the garlic, bones and other objects to enchant if they are glowing, you are just not able to ID it yet.

You do want to get this skill up for other reasons in the game besides magic. Just add a few points to it and then see if you can ID your stuff. Hope this helps some.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:23 pm
Angrandir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To me it seems like Circus_Psychotica does everything right, maybe it is only not clear that using garlic on weapon is not the enchanting itself - just preparation for it. Char says something = "here is something new?" - after that casting the spell is needed, i. e. drawing runes (found and learned first) - cursor is changed to "use" icon - and then you click again on that glowing weapon combined with garlic/bones/... and only then you get an enchanted weapon. You have to reach level 8 to cast the spell (not for using garlic) as Cm noted. Object Knowledge is definitely very important in the game, but I do not know about its relation to enchanting objects (maybe I just never lacked it so I haven't noticed).
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:20 pm
Circus_Psychotica
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Angrandir
To me it seems like Circus_Psychotica does everything right, maybe it is only not clear that using garlic on weapon is not the enchanting itself - just preparation for it. Char says something = "here is something new?" - after that casting the spell is needed, i. e. drawing runes (found and learned first) - cursor is changed to "use" icon - and then you click again on that glowing weapon combined with garlic/bones/... and only then you get an enchanted weapon. You have to reach level 8 to cast the spell (not for using garlic) as Cm noted. Object Knowledge is definitely very important in the game, but I do not know about its relation to enchanting objects (maybe I just never lacked it so I haven't noticed).

Okay, so adding garlic isn't the enchanting itself. Was confused as the manual states used to enchant a weapon and give it a dexterity bonus, that apparently the garlic doesn't do right away.

I will try to get Object Knowledge up but what do I have to be to cast that particular level 8 spell? My char is mainly a thief prototype with added strength for damage.
Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Angrandir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
I will try to get Object Knowledge up but what do I have to be to cast that particular level 8 spell? My char is mainly a thief prototype with added strength for damage.

Your character has to be Level 8, no matter its specialization (thief/mage/fighter/any mix). You can learn the spell sooner (find runes and memorize them - for more details see the documentation), but when you try to cast it you will just hear something like "I can't cast this spell yet". I never counted number of rats etc. in the game but my guess is that by playing the game "normally" you'll reach at least this level before the end. Only if you want to level quickly or reach level 10, read posts about Golden Ylside, "grey man" and such here in the forum.
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:26 am