Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

Shut uppppppppp.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:05 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

So far so good. If this is the case for the whole game, the English version would be very stable and very polished when it's out. Nice.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:40 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is German hard to learn?
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:00 am
bometo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's supposed to be as hard as french...

And french is supposed to be one of the difficultiest european language.
I'm thinking too about learning german.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:49 pm
Alistair
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Its good to see that there are no threads talking about bugs, crashes etc. With a lot of games (including G1) particular complaints emerged fairly quickly. About the only problem Ive seen on various forums is the high system requirement... so it looks like a stable release And the English version can possibly be polished further if necessary...

A.
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:45 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

if the english version does not come out soon im going to go insaine oh and i have one question, are their robes or cloaks that actually wave on your back( like in baldures gate one) and can you wear a hood, im trying to go for the evil mage in black look, and are their staffes??? thanxs
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:53 am
Deyr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic2 is awesome!
Everyone will love it!
Hunting in the woods is very exiting now, with all the plants blocking the view - good to have stereo or surround sounds on!
Collecting herbs for alchemistic use or just for the pure useage is another very funny thing! Some of them are VERY rare, so You tend to climb on everything and to everywhere You can, trying to find some!

Ever seen male people doing nasty things at trees after drinking too much beer in a computer RPG?
Kinda detail not worth mentioning in the first place, but...another reason why I want bathrooms in every game - just to avoid seeing that kind of things in future!

Enjoy,
Deyr
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:39 am
Deyr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No hoods.
But mages wear robes.
I think some mage related npcs wear staves or so. dunno for sure, since I completely ignored mages and stuff so far in game. maybe I will find that out later
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:45 am
dukem
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

okay heres mine (containing spoilers)

after the nice intro you really get into hard business fast.
from what is saw until now (3rd chapter) gothic2 really is very big compared to part1.
fights are harder. more subquests (very nice)

***spoilers ahead****

there are alot of element very like gothic 1 when you start (korinis = old camp the farmer = new camp) also several people in korinis take you to the other places (farmer, monastery for becoming firemage)

also joining is very similar.

beeing somewhat harder does the game good i think.
when entering the valley where the mines are, you feel very much like infiltrating enemy terretory, for there are only some pathes to go on (all the other pathes you get slain) which makes moving around very interesting. this feeling was not there in gothic1 and im sure ill get alot more of those positive surprises.

***spoiler end***

techincally gothic2 really is very near to complete. there were several occasions where you i got stuck and only way out of the game was the task manager (once by jumping between some stones and the other time when entering conversaion which was kinda ennoying). also there is an issue (which i dont know how it came) thats mobs dont aggro on you even if you start slaying them, so you as lvl 1 fighter could go and do some trolls. (again i cannot say how to reproduce this). but really from playing i think 16-20 hours (time fades) i didnt have a single crash in this game so far.

regards
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:20 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
No, bometo, that's true. To my best knowledge, Gothic 2 ill be out elsewhere in March 2003.

MARCH 2003!!. I thought when they said the first quarter of 2003, they meant the first couple of weeks in January. MARCH 2003!!. That's almost an eternity. .
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:10 pm
bometo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm seriously thinking about learning german.
Three months is a lot of time to learn the basics of a language.
I've always regretted not learning german (did englich, spanish and latin), in my french school.
Any german speaking person ready to give some course on one of the forums.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:26 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

German verbs is everything.

Read forums in german and try to translate and make some post.

Learn faster by actually trial and error. Yes, spelling errors are bad as English.

English alot of german did influence it. Look for patterns.

German is hardest I came across, spanish and french was easy...

English version may have any bugs worked out before they make the final master gold copy. 2-18-2003 last I saw for release. It will come quick enough.

Grab the German demo people uploaded from the DVD off deutsch PC Gamer. Should be out this Wed 12-4 then a few days on websites for download.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:54 pm
Krasleto
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
2-18-2003 last I saw for release.

Where ???
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:19 pm
werpu
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

German is very hard to learn. As a native speaker who has learned english latin and spanish as well I still think that my native language is the hardest of those four.
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:20 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I started to learn german few months a go, and I must say that it's quite easy. Just all those der die das freak me out jsut can't remember them. Well maybe I'll change my mind about german when I learn it more
Post Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:24 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next