Becoming a Templar
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Euchrechamp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Becoming a Templar

I am having the worst time figuring out how to become a templar....or even get the heavy novice armor. all they tell me is to come back when I am ready....WHEN am I ready???
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:24 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

NEVER!

Heehee. Seriously, though the whole armor thing is really about the storyline. They want the better armors to wait until later parts of the game. There isn't just one thing you do to get better armor, it's more chapter progression then experience points.
You're probably not missing anything, but what chapter are you in? If you're in chapter 6 and still wearing a novice's loin cloth you might have missed something (although we would cheer you on).
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:03 am
Euchrechamp
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm in Chapter 2 with the minecrawlers. Thats why I want better armer I'm getting my butt kicked by them in the regualar Novice Armoer I just want some templar armor or heavy novice and I think i can get em I just don't know how
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:13 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well nevermind then. You can't become a templar until after the minecrawler's nest mission and I don't think there is a heavy novice's armor.

You might want to stock up on spell scrolls if you're having difficulties. And if you talk to the wandering templars who walk back and forth between the mine and swamp camp while they're en route, you can learn how to pull minecrawler mandibles for no extra points.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:40 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Armor against minecrawlers is totally unimportant. Learn the right technic to fight them. You should rarely lose a drop of blood if you fight them properly.....ONE at a time.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:40 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Yes. I killed 'em all with the Shadows' light armor which is the usual thing to do. One at a time and believe me, strafing helps
Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:49 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

isnt there a way to get the heavy novie armour
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:57 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nope, it is bugged. There is no way, other than inserting it through Marvin Mode, to get the Heavy Novice Robe. I suggest getting a few rings of protection before doing the mine, it gives you at least some armor.
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:17 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

and in g1 you have a ring that gives 10 protection to all but in g2 you dont even have an amulet that gives 10 to all you only have the eye that gives 15 and as a mage that gives 20
Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:53 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
Well nevermind then. You can't become a templar until after the minecrawler's nest mission and I don't think there is a heavy novice's armor.

You might want to stock up on spell scrolls if you're having difficulties. And if you talk to the wandering templars who walk back and forth between the mine and swamp camp while they're en route, you can learn how to pull minecrawler mandibles for no extra points.
I never had the heavy novice's armor, but i have already did this quest. I say this is an easy quest, only the stone crusher can't hurt the minecrawler queen, only when there are critical hits! So if you don't have better wepon use fireballs.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:47 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

If I remember correctly, your QUEST is to go to the mine to get eggs, not kill the queen. You can simply run around the queen and grab the eggs.

Of course I always killed the queen, and got exp. for it and getting the templars help etc. But killing the queen is not a quest that I can remember.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:45 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

you do get more xp by telling others that youve killed her i think
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:15 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Oh yeah..? Who is that idiot who don't kill the queen? Leave there that 2000 experience+the other from Ian?
Post Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:26 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Letting the queen live ... that's blasphemy!

And think about the horrible death she will have in chapter 5 if you let het alive
Post Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:42 pm
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I always wondered about the heavy novice armour as well. I always jumped from light novice to light templar. that being said, what if you invested in magic circles from the sect camp.. ie tried to become a swamp mage. I've always avoid the magic when in that camp because you can only learn up to 4th circle through that route. That could maybe give you access to the heavy novice armour but maybe not.

later, rordog
Post Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next