83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Thread
RussiaN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Asheron's Call 2

Hello people... if you a lot know about asheron's call 2 then i think that you would be able to answer my question.. first of all, is the game worth buying? Also, do you have to pay monthly to play online like on everquest?.. please post.. THANK YOU
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:20 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Re: Asheron's Call 2

quote:
Originally posted by RussiaN
Hello people... if you a lot know about asheron's call 2 then i think that you would be able to answer my question.. first of all, is the game worth buying? Also, do you have to pay monthly to play online like on everquest?.. please post.. THANK YOU

Russian, I won't answer your poll personally because you're asking a far too limiting question. Whether I like the game or not does not mean that you will feel the same way about it if you try it. I've written an extensive review of AC2 here, maybe it would shed some light on your question.

Are you new to the MMORPG genre? Have you played other MMORPGs before? If you're a new MMORPG player, then AC2 is a pretty good place to get your first taste of it. But if you're an experienced MMORPG player there is a big chance that you won't be entertained very long by it...

Hope it helps!
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:52 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

yes you do have to pay a subscription fee ... but imho its a good game ... its not too life draining ... you can still have a life and play and be up to date ... which is good for people who just want to relax and play the game every once and a while ... its a very friendly place ... (except for the allegience AOD, they are mean as hell) My allegience is by far one of the nicer ones Explorers of Legend ... you can try the free trial for 15 days that would probably help you out alot. hope to see you in game ...

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:46 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

It lasted about 3 weeks for me and I'm not an expert player, although I admit I generally prefer SP games.

It is very easy to get going and get quests and the graphics are nice. It's also fairly empty with a simplistic character system and combat. A particular disappointment was buildings are just scenery - they can't be entered, which makes towns artificial.

At the end of the day (for me), all the quests boiled down to simplistic combat. As I said though, I'm not a MMORPG enthusiast so perhaps that colours my views.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:50 am
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

btw the buildings will be made into actual buildings by september and everything is starting to smooth out its nice to actually be able to tell the developers what you want every month and have it fixed. great community too...

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:43 pm
Toff
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I playen in beta but it was obvious that it wasn't even close to being finished so I decided to wait awhile till I really gave it a try.

So I downloaded the demo recently in order to give it a try. It not a bad game and I wanted to play it till a new one came out but then I started getting more and more errors in the game. First the ac2client.exe keeps crashing on me and second, the game sometimes decided to reboot my computer. I checked quite a few boards and I am not the only person that this is happening to. Who knows what is causing it, I updated all drivers, directx, etc.....but nothing. The only other option seemed to be to format and redo the puter but with me only getting errors in AC2 there is no way I am going to do that for the game. I do hope the game makes it but I don't think it will because of items such as this which Turbine doesn't even acknowledge.
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:37 am