View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Robar the II
Ya that would be awsome but it would also be cool if u could have your own ship and like rent a dock in port or even start a shipping buisness but i doubt that will happen seeing as how at the time gothic2 ends the capital is under siege and it will probly not be oreiented on guilds as much as getting the orcs killed but dragons would deffinitly bee cool and so would ships and siege engines ect.

well if u want to sail old nice ships and travel some exotic lands etc then buy a game named Pirates Of Carribbean awesome game also imo also Sea Dogs is good the game is deverloped in russia and imo they made a great work
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:12 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

In pirates of the carribian how much o the ships movment, cannons ect do u actualy control beacuse i dont want a ship that just has a predifined destination i want to at least be able to pick my destination and actualy have to sit through the trip not go through a 40 second cinimatic ect.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:12 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I played once Sea Dogs and u actually fight other ships and u get to pilot ur own lol If im correct lol buts its pretty cool. GOING BACK TO GOTHIC NOW.. lmao..How bout Fishing??? that would be awsome if u could go to a store and buy fishing equipment and bait lol (WORMS) hahahaha.
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:06 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Robar the II
i want to at least be able to pick my destination and actualy have to sit through the trip

I don't think you would like how long those trips take...
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

those trips are possible in both those games but u wont like the slowness but it is possible and u control ur ship fully
Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:18 am
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes fishing could be a nice way to earn some mony early in the games and
it would look nice to see npc fishermen at the docs.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:23 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Reputation is not ALLWAYS good thing and does not make things easier..the fact that THERE ARE RUMORS flowting about chosen of innos coming to save people from the evil, It will have good and badsides how people treat this savior..If i would be the hero, i'd be very carefull, when revealing the chosen of innos status to anyone..enemy has many ears after all

Firstly it could make enemy actively to HUNT you down as they KNOW now , that you are dangerous to them and with the aid of you anything could happen.Perhaps they will send some assasins after you, if you were such a blabbermouth in the bar to some friendly strangers..(i'm so thrilled when i think that in the begining hero would be too weak or would not have the knowledge how to beat these shadows, like fighter versions of seekers or something.Imagine that they would try to assasine you in the woods when you wonder alone at the night...Also enemy would have probably bribed people against you etc..Evil could have even taken possesion the minds of some, so you could not know who to trust..

i don't think here would get warm welcome from the king either.

Ofcourse some people would be pleased to hear these rumours..like in the monestary, but ofcourse they would want some proof that you really are what you claim etc..
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:06 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I also think that you have som items from G2 with you in G3 like the eye of Innos (pherhaps ypu will be looking for shomthing to reacharge it)
And the soul stone from the undead dragon. (pherhaps its the way to reacharge it.)
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:27 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I don't think they put the Eye of Innos back in, after all it was merely to kill the dragons. I don't think they'll put dragons in G3. Although I like the idea with te Soulstone. You couldn't recharge the eye with it, but perhaps you can use it against say Xardas. Or it's pure evil and so even though you've killed the Undead dragon, you still are hunted by it's picture. etc. etc.

Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:40 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well xardas told you that the amulet contains some more hidden powers so who knows maybe its not only for dragons but for something else also
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:51 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Maybe Xardas wants to get an hold of the Soul stone,
like its the last piece he neds to obtain the dragons full power.

And maybe a Dragon scale for prooving who you are.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:01 pm
Balrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think he must start from lvl 0.All over again.But if u start from lvl 0 how can u survive by orcs?The orcs have the bigger part of the country under their control,the bandits and the warlords.Of course u can run but u cant hide for too long and how will u get xp if you start at lvl0?I believe that the best solution is to use your G2 save games and the game will decide your stats at the start of the game while you want to start as a warrior or as a mage.But this is far too difficult to be done.I hope that we will not must have a super pc to play G3 correctly.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:36 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

It's already certain that the hero will not lose all his powers, but I think that's says very little, because the developers also said that there will be more (possible character-)skills. Maybe the skill system changes so drastically, that you can hardly compare it with G2.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 12:11 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup and on the mainland btw all creatures are stronger imo than on the island where we were cos there is a war going on and orcs slash everyone who cant hide or isnt fast enough
Post Fri May 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3