Death in Shadowbane?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

Death in Shadowbane?

Howdy, all. Say, anyone know of how death is gonna be treated in Shadowbane? In other words, what are the consequences of death? I mean, it can't be too severe, as considering it is a PvP oriented game, you're gonna be dying I would suspect within a matter of minutes. Though I understand you can remain on an island PvP-free until level 20, what will happen thereafter? Let's say you're strollin' along as a level 22 character or something and this level 48 guy comes along, then you're in deep doo-doo. He kills you, and you resurrect. Walk again a few minutes, here comes level 52 man. Dead again. Seems like a harsh existence, and I'd be interested if anyone knew of the "direness of death" in the game. If you keep on losing experience or chock-loads of cash or goodies every time you die, I'd certainly have no interest in this.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:27 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

As far as I remember, you will be a part of a guild. This guild will own (or swear fielty(sp?) to a guild that owns) a tree of life. When you are killed, you are spawned back at the tree of life, which is in the center of a friendly town. No enemy level 50s to come and slay you.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:46 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh, and I just remembered (I hope correctly), when you die, there are no long term consequences. Only short term trauma that lowers your stats.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:54 pm