Usergroups
Jemy or anyone using teleport
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

At the end of Jemy's excellent FAQ there is a Marvin cheat key that teleports you forward (K). Jemy says it is very helpful. Well I tried to use it, and if the ground is completely flat it is very helpful because it moves you along much faster than running. But the ground is mostly not flat, and you only teleport forward (not up or down), so I end up teleporting myself up to my waist in the ground and can't move except to teleport back where I came from or teleport forward, further under-ground, and at that point I can't see where I am and I end up teleporting forward right out the side of a cliff face and fall all the way to the ground killing myself. Does anyone who has used this know if there is a way to control the movement so that you stay on top of the ground? I can see it being helpful for a bug or two, but I am looking for a quick cheat to get from one camp to another, like some of the infinity engine games have.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

goto waypoint [waypoint>
goto position [xxxx,yyyy,zzzz>

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-02 10:58 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:55 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Gorath!!!! You seem to be giving me the hint that you have a solution...please spoil me completely, please explain exactly what I have to do. I just saw your edit...So goto waypoint {waypoint>...but what are some of the waypoint values? like, {OldCamp>, {newcamp>, etc? Do you know if these things would be case sensitive? Tell me all you know about this please, I am at work right now so I can't test this stuff on my game machine. And thank you...you may have just allowed me to keep my sanity and stop dreaming of that damn path between the Old Camp and the New Camp. Could you list all the valid waypoint vlaues that you know of?

Edit - I just figured out why you edited and why you used a bracket instead of the < thing.

[ This Message was edited by: Brak on 2002-01-02 11:14 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Not really important.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-08 22:44 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:01 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.

So could you tell me where you got these or how you are getting them?

And if you can't teach a man to fish, could you at least just give him more fish. (If it is not possible for me to get this information for mayself could you just list some more waypoints).

Gorath is my new hero!

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:10 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

WHen you see yourself falling into the no-clipping abyss, press and hold F8 until you ascend above the ground.

However it tends to hover you towards northeast.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:21 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Ahhh, the old F8 acsension trick...I should have thoughta that! Thanks BaalCipher.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:36 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Gorath, how about a waypoint for the Old Mine? That would be of great help to me at this point.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:30 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

ow_om_entrance01
I wonŽt tell you where I found them, because I have to get permission from the guy who made the list. There are more than 200 known waypoints, including 50 inside the dungeons.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-02 13:53 ]
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:52 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Well, that's kind of a bummer, maybe you could betray the list maker and give the list to me (you'd get some good experience out of it, and I'd let you join my camp). But seriously, I think that is something a lot of people would really appreciate...if there is any way to get this person to agree to anonamously give out that info, they and you would be doing the community a HUGE favor. And if not, I thank you VERY much for what you have given so far. If it works this evening when I get home it will be the greatest thing since meatbug ragout.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:21 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Oh hey, I'm starting to feel like Mud, but one more question. Is there a command that will show my coordiates while in game so I could set my own waypoints using the other command you gave - goto position {xxxx,yyyy,zzzz> I just need a way to figure out the positions in game so I could use this command. Thanks, you've been very helpful with this.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:32 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yes, there is. IŽll search for it in the next few days. Such a console command sounds like a good excuse for some coordinated efforts.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:03 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Bump.

I also wanted to let anyone who is tired of running all over the game know how this stuff works. It works quite well, but there are a couple things I might need to explain: I didn't realize that this needed to be typed into the console (I was just typing it in at the stat screen like the more basic commands, like clock). So to get to the console you need to get into marvin mode - enter the character stat screen, type marvin, then escape the stat screen. It should say Marvin-Mode in the upper left hand corner, now hit F2 and the console will appear. Now you can type a G and goto will be typed, type W and Waypoint will be typed for you. So now that it says "goto waypoint" you just need to type in the < symbol and one of the waypoint locations Gorath was kind enough to give out followed by the > symbol. The problem I encountered was putting in the _ underscore used in some of the waypoints, apparently Z and Y aren't the only keys mapped to German keyboard layout. With some experimentation I discovered it was the ? Question Mark symbol on my keyboard that makes the _. No more pointless running around...Woohoo!

So that is my step by step explaination of how to use the excellent information Gorath has been kind enough to provide. So, Gorath...howz about layin some more good info on us, like more waypoints, or the means to identify coordinates? And thanks again.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 3:44 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Hey Gorath,

Just wondering if you had any luck tracking down that method for looking at the character's current coordinates?

Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:34 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sure. You can activate a waypoint grid with a few commands. All you have to do is walk through the world and write them down.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1634&forum=2&1
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:40 pm