Usergroups
Chose your own Gothic Adventure!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I’m writing some fanfic, and I’d like some help. You get to deiced how the plot goes! Just pick a letter, and the most popular letter wins.

“… you are hereby sentenced to life’s imprisonment in the mines, for the crime of theft!”

And with that, my new life began. I had never thought that I would have been caught stealing swords from the king’s armory, nor had thoughts of the king’s mining operation crossed by mind at the time. Luckily (or possibly unluckily,) my life had been spared, and I was to be let live … in a dungeon from which there was no escape.

I’m Germonik Towthorn, but that doesn’t matter much anymore. I got an easy job as a soldier, guarding a keep well within Myrtana, far away from the orcs. I wouldn’t have lasted two seconds against those devils.

Where was I? Oh, yeah, well, they shoved me over the ledge, through the barrier and into the middle of a large pond next to where good were brought down. I met my “welcoming committee” quite soon, and a couple minutes (and countless bruises) later, they had given me a taste of this new world. I was no longer a soldier, no longer a man of authority, and no longer anyone who mattered. Now I was a wretch to be beat up on. A far cry from a valiant, proud warrior.

Well, at least I could still walk. And walk I did, right into a couple guys dressed just like my welcoming committee. Thankfully, these two were a bit more helpful than those other ruffians were. They told me a little about the place, which they called The Colony. There were three camps here. The first was called the Old Camp, and it was headed up by Gomez, who lead the diggers against the king’s men, and had now become their supreme ruler. He didn’t sound like such a nice guy. Not to mention that it was his guys that had roughed me up. The second was the New Camp, which planned to use a giant mound of ore to blow up the barrier. Wonderful. The third was the Swamp Camp, whose inhabitants figured that some new god had decided to break them out of this place. Wackos.

Well, things were looking pretty grim. And they were about to get a little grimmer. After I had chatted with the two Old Camp guards, I set out down the path. I found quite a few nice trinkets near a old, closed up mine there, including a useful pickaxe. But luck seemed fitting that as soon as I left, I happened upon some goblins.

They were dancing around a fire, with a big, dead bird on a spit in the middle. I recognized it as a scavenger, an almost harmless creature that provided good meat. The goblins were quite ready to defend their kill, which I really didn’t want. All 3 of them rushed me, and all I could do was run. I did my best to fend them off, but I wasn’t sure if I could beat two of the buggers, much less three. I figured I was pretty much done for when I tripped on a root. What irony, being spared by the king only to be killed by goblins.

But just as I braced myself for the club blow, I heard a TWANG and, felt a SWOOSH, heard a THUMK and then a SCREETCH. IN a few seconds, I found the man who had shot the goblin over me, and the other two goblins far away.
“Welcome to the colony,” he told me “enjoying your stay?” I just grinned.

Who was this man?
A.) Diego
B.) Lester
C.) Mordrag

PS: Don’t pick the one that makes the most sense, pick the one that you’d like best. If you want the character to join the new camp, pick Mordrag. Sect camp, pick Lester. Old camp, Diego.

Every man returns to dust

-Phish, Farmhouse
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:48 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

C)

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:52 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

C, I think. This guy sounds like a potential NC Scrapper.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:58 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lester, because Lester is the only "nice" one. He shows you around the camp, and he really wants you to join. He even helps you with the most stubborn of the gurus.

I think it should be Lester, because the Brotherhood is the camp with the biggest need for new recruits.
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:00 am
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Nice story Rattlesnake!

I have a question about Lester.
When you're doing the meeting quest and you meet Lester at his new propety(the castle)and tell him about the reunion he's a little strange,talking like he wants to see you go and leave him alone.Could he be under influence of the Sleeper?
After I've speaked with him I was thinking at Kalom madness.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:10 am
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I think he was "hanging out" because he didn't want you to know where they met.

And for hte love of god, vote people! There's 18 views and only 3 votes!

Every man returns to dust

-Phish, Farmhouse
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:14 am
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

A.) Diego

I would say Diego since I think he's the best & nices man in the whole game.

And Also because he makes more sense out of the three. LoL
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:36 am
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Death, please die.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Well Lester doesn't carry a bow so he wouldn't have shot anything."

[ This Message was edited by: -Rattlesnake- on 2002-03-26 19:43 ]
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:40 am
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well that one was a good point with Lester, Mordrag IMO wouldn't much care for someone that isn't in or doesn't seem interested in joining. Diego does have a Bow and if you remember what he sayed in the begging of the game "I couldn't just sit around watching you get killed".

There better?

BTW
I'm already dead you just don't know it :lol:

[ This Message was edited by: Death on 2002-03-26 20:00 ]
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:53 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

A.

And lester's oddness is (i'm pretty sure) due to shoddy programming. Deadlines, deadlines. i believe the programmers were running out of time and peiced his talks together with soundbites from other NPCs. listen closely to what he says.....sound familiar? plus, i doubt they exspected anyone to remember (or care for that matter) where Lester had stowed himself away at. of course the real person u wanna ask is TomTom (is he back yet) he would know for sure.

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:14 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hm... Mordrag for me .
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:47 am
praj
Village Leader
Village Leader

mordrag

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:55 am
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Mordrag?? Who's Mordrag? I choose for A) Diego.
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:56 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Mordrag is the fence who takes you to the NC LexXx!

Diego.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:00 pm
TomTom
GOTHIC Speaker
GOTHIC Speaker

A.) Diego

TomTom

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:56 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next