Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 - officially confirmed information only (04/04/05)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

JoWooD now officially pushed Gothic 3 back to Jan. 2006! It´s no real surprise. The interviews with the devs months ago left this possibility open.

I don´t remember a single case of a significant game being released a few weeks after Christmas. January is the weakest month of the year because people are busy playing the games they received for Christmas. I´m pretty sure the game will be pushed back one more time. My bet is that we´ll be able to buy it in late February at earliest.
Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Now JoWooD sent out a PR about their E3 line-up.
G3, Stargate SG1 and SpellForce 2 will be shown openly, The Guild 2 behind closed doors.

JoWooD signed publishing or distribution agreements for 2005 and 2006 for Russia & the Baltic states and for Scandinavia. Both include Gothic 3.
Scandinavia usually gets UK versions!
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:57 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

GIII in-game screenshots (scanned)

3 scanned in-game screenshots from PC Action mag.

Screen1 -Orc (Warrior?)

Screen2

Screen3 -An Ugly Human Armor

We owe a great favor to ExtreemGamer & his friend for this job.

I do not got the mysterious & dark feeling like that in GI though from those Screens, it is a bit strange as to my old Gothic feelings.
Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:56 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sowilo posted the following summary of the G3 preview in PC Action 6/05 in the WoG forum:

quote:
Originally posted by Sowilo

- world 3 times bigger
- maybe animals to ride
- deserts, forests, snowy terrain
- certain monsters at these locations
- animals hunt together and seek for food
- the orc occupied many towns, u can liberate them together with teh population - resistance^^
- about 20 "towns"
- what u do effect the meaning of the population to you
- there r no chapters
- there a diffrent storylines
- u will meet old friends
- u can pay persons to fight with u
- u can trade with everyone
- there r 6 races
- u join a guild later
- there r 6 diffrent jobs (gladiator etc)
- there r fights in a arena
- there r shields
- there r staffs for mages
- u can configure the controls
- the whole world is designed unique (not only the same elements)
- ragdoll effect
- real tiem lightening effects
- u will know more about the orcs (culture/aims)
- there is no magic anymore in the world
- u start as an experiend fighter
- there r 3 kinds of magic
- u can't get sceletons everywehre (necro)

- no mp modi

Post Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:16 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@ All Gothic Fans:

I apologize to all the Gothic Fans who cannot see those screens at WoG due to my not-so-good choice as Gorath said in this thread

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=323607

In order to fix my mistake, I have alrerady sent Gorath those screens by E-Mail. So if everything is going to be fine, you may still see them in a few days at RPGDot.

Best Wishes
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:58 am
CodeXP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If anyone else, like me, can't wait to see the screens I've mirrored them on my server.

http://gallery.tasarinan.com/dl/gothic_3_ss1.jpg
http://gallery.tasarinan.com/dl/gothic_3_ss2.jpg
http://gallery.tasarinan.com/dl/gothic_3_ss3.jpg

Please don't hotlink them all over the web
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro

In order to fix my mistake, I have alrerady sent Gorath those screens by E-Mail. So if everything is going to be fine, you may still see them in a few days at RPGDot.

I either didn´t receive your mail or killed it as spam before I could identify what it was. No problem, though, because I already have the pics. Thanks anyway.

The pictures won´t be uploaded to RPGDot due to copyright infringement. See the other thread.
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:06 pm
SlamDunk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I edited the scans so that only the screenshots are showing:

http://img259.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gothic3pcactionp72edit3se.jpg

Also increased the contrast a little
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:28 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

JoWooD signed a precontract with a big player in North America. News about the final agreement are expected soon.
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:59 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

quote:
Originally posted by SlamDunk
I edited the scans so that only the screenshots are showing:

http://img259.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gothic3pcactionp72edit3se.jpg

Also increased the contrast a little
Great pictures. Gothic 3 looks incredible.
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:39 pm
Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Great screens .

But as far as the info goes, what's up with:

- There are staffs for mages
- There is no magic anymore in the world
- There are three kinds of magic

That's uh....kinda contradicting itself there.....is there magic or not?
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:11 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

It´s like in the other games. Access to magic is restricted in the beginning.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I think if they´re trying to recruit staff on our boards it´s okay to we borrow their translation, especially if it´s posted in every other English forum. If not, a mail is enough.

This article was translated by The Little from Gothic3.net. The PC Action targets a teenage audience. Their unique kind of humor is hard to translate, so take everything with a grain of salt.

quote:

PC Action 06/2005
The old Khorinis seems really ridiculously small if you compare it with the world where the new adventures of the nameless hero will take place. The continent of Myrthana is three times bigger than the island of Khorinis. If one will have to walk or if one will be able to ride on animals wasn´t betrayed by the developers yet. But it seems like you will be able to do so, if we trust in their facial expression. Stefan Kalverman showed us a map of the whole GIII-world. We ask him some question about the problems that you have by writing the story and try vainly to steal the map. But the world will be divided in different zones. There will be dangerous deserts, frozy icelands and big forests - with special monsters for each zone, that have their own daily routines. They will also look for food and hunt in packs. One will also be able to observe them.
At the request of the fans the developers also decided to assemble 20 (!!!) cities and villages. Many of them were conquered by orcs so the hero will be able to revolt against them with other humans. This will go on like this: The habitants of a town have some sort of superior AI. If the hero beats a specific number of orcs, the enslaved habitants will pluck up courage and follow the hero to fight for their freedom. Actions like these will improve the hero´s esteem and help the hero to convince strong NPC´s to fight at the hero´s side. The esteem will be very important. Some races will benefit from an action and others will be annoyed. So you´ll always have to be careful what you´re doing!
GIII will be give the player more opportunities than the first two parts. There won´t be chapters any more but you won´t loose the plot. There also will be different strands perhaps even different ends depending on what you have done in the game.
One won´t be able to build a permanent party, just like in the predecessors, but will meet old friends like Diego. "Old friends like these will have their own story and potentially one can take every habitant of the world into the party or trade with him. But the PB´s will limit this to concentrate on the "cool" characters. These "recruts" will follow you as far as you reach a special point. There will be six races and other than in the predecessors the player will have to choose his guild later. Furthermore there will be six jobs, that one will be able to work at, like the blacksmith ot even a gladiator! Here the player will have the possibility to take part in fights with special rules. "You´ll start fighting in a tiny, little stone circle and afterwards you´ll have to beat your enemies in big arena," says the game designer.
He´s also telling about shields and new weapons and wands, that you will be able to equip at the same time. The whole interface will be more intuitional and there will be more possibilities to configure it. The same with the graphics options: Everybody will have enough possibilities to exhaust his/her system. We also were able to see some scenes from the game. Everything was still at the development stage but we were really enthused. The whole world is hand-modelled and not built with a construction set. The forest for example looks like a real-world-forest.
There´s no stone that is looking exactly like another one, there are a lot of individual places that are coming across really solid. The monsters and NPC´s are looking fantastic (as you can see at the screenshots). The technics like Normal Mapping and the Ragdoll System are used on a grand scale. But GIII won´t have a multiplayer mode. While our hero was having a lot of adventures, there was fought a big war at the continent between the orcs and the humans. In GIII one will be able to enter the big continent for the first time. But now the orcs have conquered it and are in the driver´s seat. They conquer entire cities, enslave the humanity and are not any more the birdbrained monsters, but an own race with its own culture and own goals.
But it´s still worse: The magic has disappeared from the Gothic-world.
Therewith the developers want to prevent that the player already begins the game as the unbeatable supercharacter from the predecessor. But the hero (as already confirmed) won´t be as weak as in the beginning of GI or GII. Hey... this guy killed dragons and packs of orcs yet... he´ll already have some basic-abilities and is getting better in the game. Of course one will find the magic again in the course of the game. But the summoning of really strong creatures like demons only will be possible at special locations.

Inverse part edited.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:54 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The next PC Games will feature a 6 page G3 preview and a video about their visit to the Piranha Bytes office.
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:21 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

sounds great any news about publishing in the uk yet? we get all of our games from them
Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:17 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next