RPGDot Game of the Year Prizewinner - HA! what a joke
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > RPGDot

Author Thread
kurtz123
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

RPGDot Game of the Year Prizewinner - HA! what a joke

I count myself one of the happy winners of the 2003 Game of the Year survey and was told I would be receiving a copy of a game of my choice back in February.

Just wanted to let all you RPGDotters know - that this winner is still waiting for the prize.

It's wonderful to announce winners and advertise it in bold and ALL CAPS, but it's worth chickens**** if you leave your RPGDotters out to dry like this.

Go stand in a corner RPGDot gang - you guys are not cut out to host contests if you can't deliver the goods... stick to cutting and pasting links.

Kurtz
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:45 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I apologize if you haven't received your prize. I will check where the error happened and will let you know. Please be sure that this didn't happen on purpose, and I haven't heard of any other complaints so far.

I understand your anger - but I think your words are too harsh. The team is doing its best, but shit CAN happen, you know.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:19 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Some of it could be international shipping. I won a copy of Arx for the RPGDot 3rd anniversary, and it took about two months for me to get it. However when I did get it it had gone, if memory serves, from France to Germany and back to France (or vice versa) before being sent to me in the US, which could have simply been an error in the process of international shipping. In the end, though it took awhile, I ended up with a very good game completely free, so I was quite happy with it. Just have patience and keep in mind you’re getting something for free. ‘Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.’
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:27 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Re: RPGDot Game of the Year Prizewinner - HA! what a joke

quote:
Originally posted by kurtz123

I count myself one of the happy winners of the 2003 Game of the Year survey and was told I would be receiving a copy of a game of my choice back in February.

Just wanted to let all you RPGDotters know - that this winner is still waiting for the prize.

It's wonderful to announce winners and advertise it in bold and ALL CAPS, but it's worth chickens**** if you leave your RPGDotters out to dry like this.

Go stand in a corner RPGDot gang - you guys are not cut out to host contests if you can't deliver the goods... stick to cutting and pasting links.

Kurtz

Jesus Christ. Chill pill, Kurtz?? [*hands Kurtz a chill pill*]
Why did you post this here in such a manner? You know there is a wonderful thing called e-mail. If the editor who is supposed to send you the prize has not replied to your mails (if you have sent him any at all .. I don't know) you could have used our general newsteam@rpgdot.com address to make us aware of the issue or mailed to any other team member first to ask what the problem might be. I know you have sent a mail to Myrthos today. He forwarded it to the team but why didn't you wait for a reply before making this post? There's no need to throw accusations at us in this particular manner. I don't really mind that you're going public with this by taking it to the forums but -please- was it necessary to make it sound that harsh?

Also, while the delay of your shipment is unfortunate, please also remember that we're all volunteers running this site. I have blown well over a 100 bucks on shipping contest copies myself last year, paid out of my own pockets with no refund whatsoever. That's a lot of dough and -yes- I did delay my own shipments, too, *on purpose*, to spread the money over two months (the actual delay was two weeks). I don't know how many copies the editor with your copy had to send out in total but maybe he had to spread the shipments out as well to make sure he got his salary in the beginning/end of the month to be able to comfortably afford the shipping fees.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:54 pm
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Wow im supprised the RPGdot Admins havent removed this already this is a probly one of the most insulting posts here i can see why you would be angry but please do it in a slightly less drastic way
Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:13 am