Trophy Room Key Hole
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
misplacedag
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Trophy Room Key Hole

I see on another thread that the critical spot to hit for this key hole is very small. That's a relief, I spent 30 - 45 minutes on it last night and never did get the %$#@*&^ thing open. I wish I could use the vampire chain on whatever programmer deliberately caused this type of frustration. I was beginning to believe I had a corrupt game that I wasn't going to be able to finish.

Question: The mouse pointer grabs the key in the middle. Should you try to use the end of the key to hit the "little magical" spot or the end of the mouse pointer. Tip of the mouse pointer is what has worked for me in other areas, but wasn't last night. And any clue as to exactly where on the key-hole I need to hit. Exact center, upper right, bottom middle???

Background checks: Version # is 1.2.4. I got the key by going down the chute. Game labels it "King's Apartment Key". When I walk close to the wall, a message pops up to the effect that I notice a keyhole in the wall.

Thanks!
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:55 am
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not sure if you have done this, but this is what works for me.

I get right up against the wall facing the key hole. This effectively makes the clickable area larger. I have used the end of the key to hit the spot and have not had any problems. Not sure what is the optimal way to do it though.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:23 pm
misplacedag
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

I'll give it a try tonight when I get home. I usually stop approaching the wall as soon as I see the message. And it appears using the tip of the mouse pointer like I've been doing isn't the proper way either.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:34 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

My first try, I approached the wall at about a 45 degree angle and "aimed" with the end of the key. It worked, but I tend to think it was dumb luck. Every time since, I've done it pretty much the way _gator described.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:31 pm
misplacedag
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It still took about 15 tries, and it wasn't until I touched the tip of the key on the grey area surrounding the hole that it finally worked. Touching the tip of the key inside the black key hole itself never worked.
Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:57 pm