Some help with the Goblin Prison please (spoiler alert):
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Some help with the Goblin Prison please (spoiler alert):

I don't know why but there just aren't any user-created walthroughs out there worth a $%^ for this game! So I've come here looking for some answers...

I'm in the Goblin Prison. I have just killed the Goblin Lord who was sleeping on his bed. I found the Hidden Button in this room and got to the hidden chest. However, there is another Hidden Button ouside this room on the opposite wall, just before the stairs, and it doesn't work 0_O There are also some bars just to the other side on the same wall that you can't get through. How do I get this button to work? How do I get through these bars?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
- Deathbliss

Evolution is just further proof of the fact,
That mankind is willing to believe in anything,
As long as it doesn't have to believe in God.
Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:59 pm
Evil Ash
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You wont have to worry about those until much later in the game. They're one way, meaing you can't go in them until you come out. I don't want to spoil anything, so just forget about them.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:42 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

The Arx Hosted Site here at the Dot has a wonderful walkthrough. Go to the support files, and get the pdf file. It has complete walkthrough, maps, stats, and more. Check it out. Like Evil Ash said, the button comes later and the bars never come in to play. Once you get well into the game you will see why.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:42 am
Deathbliss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Cool...

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm really enjoying this - it's like King's Feild minus all the bad things about that series. Except for two minor things... Music and life. I'm in the human city now and there's like 4 NPCs there and a few guards. The city should be vast, with hundreds of homes and at least as many NPCs to "occupy" them with all their shops. Not having this just amplifies the fact that you're underground. It's when you forget you can get totally immersed. Music also helps, some nice guitair or flute middle-ages stuff would be perfect.

Oh well... Maybe Arx 2... I still love the nice touches in this game - like getting your own room in the castle. But I'm an evil bastard - I killed off all the goblins except for the 4 in the passages! The Trolls still cleaned out the rubble for me, so I assume I can continue to play the game. But now the Goblin city is full of dead bodies. I guess they shouldn't have left all that loot lying around...
- Deathbliss

Evolution is just further proof of the fact,
That mankind is willing to believe in anything,
As long as it doesn't have to believe in God.
Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:15 am