Usergroups
problems
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

alright i am having some probs with gothic... it was fine up till about 2 days ago... then the screen started to flicker black every few min... and then it stopped... then gothic started to crash... i even got a few blue screens of death errors... i am running winxp... with a geforce2 mx... and anyways... it crashed today and for some reason my gothic.ini file got corupted and now all my controls have been reset... and i no longer have mouse view... and i cant figure out how to get it back... any sujestions??

i have even lost my save game files a few times.. i now have 5 back ups... its getting abnoxious
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 4:43 am
Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Is Gothic the only application/game where you run into trouble with??

I have a Geforce 2MX card under WinXP as well, but after installing the latest video drivers from http://www.nvidia.com I have no more problems. (See my last post for details).

This sounds like something running in the background using memory or CPU time. Have you tried shutting down all other applications (ICQ/MSN/Virusscanner?/Realplayer/Kazaa/etc) before running Gothic? If not, then you could try that. And maybe its a virus? (You DO have an up to date virusscanner on you PC don't you??)

Otherwise try upgrading your drivers for your soundcard, since that seems to be an issue for some players as well..

Good luck

Khalistro
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 9:41 am
rodimus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

aye i did have the new nvidia drivers for my vid card... but they caused more probs then they did good... and for some reason my vid card gets stuck in infinite loops... which also cause my computer to crash... never thought of getting updated drivers for my soundcard.. sb live value... i think the last time i checked they didnt have them out for xp yet... and yes i have mcafee up to date so there is no virus

i still cant get my mouse look to work.. and if i cant get it to work i most likely wont finish the game... the attack on the free mine just happened... and for some reason i lost half of my ore... 6064... it just said that when i was running back to the new camp after talkin to diego... said "give 6064 ore"
dont know whats up with that... but oh well.. so what i really need help with is my mouse look.. is there somewhere i can set it up in the settings of gothic??
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 2:29 pm