Usergroups
What's your favourite choice of camp?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

When I first played I ended up in the sect camp because they were the first to take me. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I might be able to shave my head and get tattoos. I liked Cor Angar's armor as well.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:59 am
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

I am a rogue at the new camp. I thought everyone at the new camp was way cooler than everyone at the old camp. I got my game up to the point where I could join any camp and was torn between Sect and New. But that Kor Kalom guy was just such an ass I said screw these jerks and their wacky ways. Plus right after one of my saves I accidentally joined the sect just by my dialog choices and didn't really like how I looked wearing a skirt (and it was a bit drafty). I think the new camp is the right place for me, no rules and it makes sense that I am a rogue because I rob people that piss me off and steal from just about every chest I see. And I can't wait to get some of that cool blue merc armor. The only pain in the ass is that right now the plot is heavily involved in the sect camp and I have a loooong way to run to get home.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:19 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yeh I was wondering about that, is there a faster way to travel? I mean it's an awefully long way to run and I have to admit the Merc armour is tight but I'm an Old camper, it's in the blood heheh
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:23 pm
Alc0p0pz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I'm on my first (and definately only) time through, and I chose the Brotherhood.

The designers clearly based this camp on eastern Taoism/Buddism monk/ninja/samuari type Feudal far-east, and I love that culture and setting. Plus, of course, the Templars look the coolest. But then when you join them, you don't get to shave your head, nor do you get tattoos, so you never look anywhere near as cool as they do.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:19 pm

Next time I'm going to try and be a badass mage in the Old Camp.

They've got magic untill the 6th circle and it's early in the game.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:00 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well I did old camp 1st time out cause I played the demo about 437 times and was pretty familiar in what I had to do in order to rip them all off (chest cracking, quests, who to beef with, etc etc) plus OC is the most traditional looking and 'safest' feeling camp for my 1st time through.
I like the idea of warrior/mage ability of the templars but when I got there and saw they were all a bunch of potheads (since Im when I thought it would be cool) and that they worshipped a demon...I decided to look elsewhere. I didnt like the idea of being in with a bunch of thieves and such and I worried about being spurned by the other camps, but as I played the game it dawned on me...New Camp is the the only camp left standing at the end of the game. OC betrays you, then you end up killing them all, Sect's leader dies and leaves them all in confusion and disarray...
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:09 pm
Mantra2K
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well. First time through, i did the old camp.

I'm on my second time now =). And i plan to be one of the NC members.
Personally, i LOVE the OC armour...but the NC armour also ROCKS...(except the rogue, but oh well).

I don't plan to join the sect camp, being as that the swamp is too....how should i put it....confusing?

Also, the area that the NC is in is absolutly beautiful. A lake, a small beach and a bar!. Who could ask for more?
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:17 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-08 11:09, Shrapnel wrote:
OC betrays you, then you end up killing them all, Sect's leader dies and leaves them all in confusion and disarray...

Well, now that I know the ending, what's the use of playing?
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:18 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

The only thing the new camp misses are girls
Old camp have girls.
The new camp needs to drink and the sect camp need to smoke weed, wat else could you do if there no girls
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:20 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Swamp Camp has girls too only they are in Temple 2 of them i joined offcorse the Old Camp cos i saw the power in it and i kinda feeled that i owe something for Diego so i was an Old Camper but i didnt like Gomez and he was a real bad leader in it so i had to leave that camp becose of him at the end. they didnt let me in anymore.after i was finishing the game i transported to Old Camp and didnt kill no one exept Gomez i killed him!!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:42 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

LOL, Max
like you havent finished the game like 14 times already
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:39 pm
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

only thing about the New Camp is i think they are all Gay, when you are joining up , talking to Lares, he says that the Normal custom is,
that new Recruits have to Share Their Booty With the Leader . now i gotout of having to share My Booty with him, But you might Not be so lucky
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:45 pm

i have no idear wich camp to join but i need a way to get the quests done so i can join the sect.,or old its eather one of those.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:55 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

just be em all!
i personaly felt joinin up wif old camp was best, you have free roaming around the ore barons house and you get to speak with raven instead of bartholo, ravens sword is pretty cool, even tho scares is better
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:45 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2